Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Official Thread

On 12/8/2023 at 12:43 AM, Remarkableriots said:

I try to check the YouTube videos because I haven't had Max or HBO streaming for awhile.

The only reason I subscribe to their YouTube channel is essentially to get alerts when they put a new episode out, since I can't keep up with all of their sabbaticals.

Side note: it is pretty dope that they put the "main story" of each episode on YouTube for free the minute it gets uploaded to HBO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoberChef said:

Sucks that we missed out on so many potential topics, that pet insurance one in particular got my attention. Well, hopefully in the future 3 years they'll get around to it?

Yea, the pet insurance thing is something I really want to see as I’ve been debating on getting it for my puppy. 

• Hugs 1

10 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, the pet insurance thing is something I really want to see as I’ve been debating on getting it for my puppy. 

I've been trying to tell my company for years to include such an insurance for their employees as more than most of us have pets & love animals in general. Considering how ubiquitous it is having a pet is, you'd think that the want & need for more widely available pet insurance would be a thing, yet it seems as though it's grim to go out on one's own to get some. Luckily I have 5 cats & they're all indoor, so to that end they don't NEED to go to the vet all that often, thankfully.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

I've been trying to tell my company for years to include such an insurance for their employees as more than most of us have pets & love animals in general. Considering how ubiquitous it is having a pet is, you'd think that the want & need for more widely available pet insurance would be a thing, yet it seems as though it's grim to go out on one's own to get some. Luckily I have 5 cats & they're all indoor, so to that end they don't NEED to go to the vet all that often, thankfully.

Part of the problem with pet insurance is that the premiums change wildly based on the breed, the age you first get the insurance at, where you live, etc. Then, each company I’ve looked at has like 5-10 different tiers to choose from.

• True 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Brian said:

This is really good and covers a ton of issues I work on. I wish he covered a little more on nationwide 700,000 person waiting list for Home and Community Based Services. 

I was coincidentally at a State Legislative hearing on the 4 public MCOs two weeks ago. 

spacer.png