New adult happy meals!

Remarkableriots

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Oh, 5 guys completely owns McDonald's but I don't consider that fast food. Their cajun fries are so fuckin good. The burgers are terrific and juicy.

If you order at the counter, rather than at a table, and you get your food in a few minutes- it’s fast food. I don’t go there often because one of my sons has a peanut allergy. 

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

If you order at the counter, rather than at a table, and you get your food in a few minutes- it’s fast food. I don’t go there often because one of my sons has a peanut allergy. 

Every time I ordered at the counter I'd have to wait at least 10 minutes. Now I'm starving for 5 guy's.  :emo:

13 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Nah it’s not just that. It has a distinct bitterness to it that’s just the best. 

WWW.RD.COM

If you think Coke tastes better at McDonald's, you aren't alone. It's the same, but they...

It all starts with the packaging. Typically, restaurants get their soda syrups in plastic bags, but Coca-Cola does something different for McDonald’s. The fast-food chain gets its Coke syrup delivered in stainless steel tanks. According to the New York Times, the material keeps the soda fresher, and your tongue can taste the difference.

Both the syrup and the water (which goes through its own “proper filtration methods”) get pre-chilled before going into the soda fountain. Other places might rely on the dispenser itself to chill lukewarm water, but McDonald’s uses insulated tubes to deliver the liquid from the fridge to the fountain, keeping the liquid as chilled as possible, according to the New York Post.

So because the water is kept so cold at McDonald’s, that gas doesn’t escape, and you maintain your fizz.

Still, the fast-food chain is well aware that your soda will start to go from refreshingly cold to lukewarm the moment you pour it out. Of course, customers add ice to keep it chilled, but that can mean watered-down Coke. Ugh. To fight against that, the company says it makes sure it uses “the ratio of syrup set to allow for ice to melt.”

The soda itself isn’t the only difference, though. McDonald’s also has different straws than most restaurants use. “It’s slightly wider than a typical straw, so all that Coke taste can hit all your tastebuds,”

• Thanks 2

I hated loading those giant syrup bags in a box, and I was usually the one doing it because I could actually lift them. I did that for 11 years when I worked at a convenience store for the first time.

Someone had taken the bag out one night, probably because the box was damaged. It fell and exploded in the back room. That was the biggest mess I've ever seen! I had to clean it after my normal time to leave. It took a couple hours to mop up. The mop would just stick to the ground, and it was a pain in the butt!

The second time I worked at a convenience store, they had the flavor station, and they just had these small, very concentrated, lightweight boxes. It had different challenges because it's a way more complicated computerized system.

• Shocked 1

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Never set foot in a US 7-11, but Japanese 7-11s are fucking amazing.

Now that seems odd to me. Never been in a 7-11 until 2023 and it wasn't even in this country.

8 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

With, the terrible paper straws that McDonald's uses, I don't see how anyone prefers their drinks.  They half-dissolve in just a few minutes.

These seem to be hit or miss. I hear people say they disintegrate but in my experience (I've only had the straws from in-n-out) they hold up like a normal straw.

9 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

What small town do you live in?

It’s not the size of the town that matters here. Small towns have convenience stores too. :p

It just a matter of which chain operates in your area. According to this map, I’ve never lived within 100 miles of one. My hometown had Village Pantry, Wichita had Quik-Trip, and now in Cincinnati I go to UDF.