I’m in West Virginia AMA - UPDATE: I’m in Pittsburgh

stepee

1 minute ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

@stepee how many times have you sung country road in the past 48 hours? 

Buy any meth yet?

lol I love that song honestly, I’d be down. Not yet but I hear it’s real easy! Maybe when I feel better I’ll check it out and seek out the wild and wonderful whites! 

31 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Eww Red State.

Honestly though when I stayed in a cabin there for a week several years ago, it was beautiful, the weirdos open carrying into the grocery store was weird though. 

Seen any weirdos open carrying?

Not in my very limited exposure yet, but I’ll keep a look out for them, that would be weird to see

On 11/8/2023 at 4:49 PM, TUFKAK said:

Eww Red State.

Honestly though when I stayed in a cabin there for a week several years ago, it was beautiful, the weirdos open carrying into the grocery store was weird though. 

Seen any weirdos open carrying?

You wouldn’t make it in Arizona. I’ve seen normal people open carry at the grocery store and I’m not even in the middle of nowhere.

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

You wouldn’t make it in Arizona. I’ve seen normal people open carry at the grocery store and I’m not even in the middle of nowhere.

Open carry dipshits are ridiculous, not normal well adjusted people. How much of a coward are you that you feel the need to be strapped when you go to Safeway? How many enemies do you possibly have.

7 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Open carry dipshits are ridiculous, not normal well adjusted people. How much of a coward are you that you feel the need to be strapped when you go to Safeway? How many enemies do you possibly have.

You like exercise, right? They’re just exercising their rights. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheLeon said:

You like exercise, right? They’re just exercising their rights. 

To paraphrase the great Arnold Schwarzenegger 

Fuck their rights

The only benefit to open carry is it makes it easier to identify the mentally unstable and avoid them, kindve like cross fitters.

• stepee changed the title to I’m in West Virginia AMA - UPDATE: I’m in Pittsburgh

Now I’m in Pittsburgh, PA. Got a hotel here to be closer to the airport and I really wanna check the Science Center. Some other stuff too but I’m super indecisive if I stay here longer and some museums and stuff or head back and get back to Alan Wake 2 and all my toys!

In leaning towards just leaving on Thursday, I’ll prob stay the whole weekend if I do any longer since I don’t like flying on the weekend. hm hm hm

• Hype 1

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Downtown Pittsburg around the “Strip District” Around 10th and Pennish

Yeah, not really gonna find any good BBQ around there lol. Some general recs that are within decent delivery/takeout distance (not sure what is or isn’t on any service):

Gaucho - Argentine; steaks, empanadas, etc. 

Nicky’s Thai Kitchen - Great Thai food, they aren’t scared of making it hot either if you are feeling that

El Burro - Cali-style burritos, tacos, and so on

Bird on the Run - Fried chicken sammies, strips, etc. 

Chinatown Inn - Good Chinese takeout, great egg rolls 

4 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Yeah, not really gonna find any good BBQ around there lol. Some general recs that are within decent delivery/takeout distance (not sure what is or isn’t on any service):

Gaucho - Argentine; steaks, empanadas, etc. 

Nicky’s Thai Kitchen - Great Thai food, they aren’t scared of making it hot either if you are feeling that

El Burro - Cali-style burritos, tacos, and so on

Bird on the Run - Fried chicken sammies, strips, etc. 

Chinatown Inn - Good Chinese takeout, great egg rolls 

Hm none are delivering here :P At least at this hour. I might just order at this fancy place nearby called “Eleven” and take it up - They have a cheese plate and pasta

If you think Gaucho is worth eating in at I could do that tomorrow though!

Just now, stepee said:

Hm none are delivering here :P At least at this hour. I might just order at this fancy place nearby called “Eleven” and take it up - They have a cheese place and pasta

If you think Gaucho is worth eating in at I could do that tomorrow though!

Oh yeah, Eleven is the real deal. Gaucho is definitely worth eating at though. Lmk what else you’d be interested in hearing more of. 

Just now, Chris- said:

Oh yeah, Eleven is the real deal. Gaucho is definitely worth eating at though. Lmk what else you’d be interested in hearing more of. 

Glad to hear it’s solid, as it’s expensive! I don’t mind, as long as it’s actually good so yay.

Well, my stomach will hate me, but I was thinking maybe one of the nights I should have one of your famous pizzas if there is somewhere that would deliver to this district!

• Hype 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

Glad to hear it’s solid, as it’s expensive! I don’t mind, as long as it’s actually good so yay.

Well, my stomach will hate me, but I was thinking maybe one of the nights I should have one of your famous pizzas if there is somewhere that would deliver to this district!

Ok you want to look at any of the following:

Badamo's (Federal St)

Pizza Lupo

Driftwood Oven

Pizzaria Davide

I think most of them deliver through one service or another, but I couldn't tell you which ones. Badamo's and Lupo are the best, Driftwood is a respectable third, and Davide is great too but is a more distant fourth. 

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Ok you want to look at any of the following:

Badamo's (Federal St)

Pizza Lupo

Driftwood Oven

Pizzaria Davide

I think most of them deliver through one service or another, but I couldn't tell you which ones. Badamo's and Lupo are the best, Driftwood is a respectable third, and Davide is great too but is a more distant fourth. 

Badamo's looks like an easy doordash. I will commit myself to this either tomorrow or the next day. I will take pictures.

• Hype 1