I’m in West Virginia AMA - UPDATE: I’m in Pittsburgh

stepee

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

I hope you take care of yourself.  My mom struggles with her constant pain as well.  If you need any help, please reach out.

Does she self medicate? Not being a dick. But this was really hard for me and i had to just start smoking again. If you know anything to help I would love to hear it.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Does she self medicate? Not being a dick. But this was really hard for me and i had to just start smoking again. If you know anything to help I would love to hear it.

She has in the past. Since she was a RN, she thought she was smart enough to do it unsupervised. Plus she started drinking more which is a bad combination. It caused her to have one of her worst accidents and she spent almost a year in between the hospital and rehab. 

After that accident, she agreed to seek professional help. She has a doctor that helps her with the pain. It took a while to find the right balance.  Unfortunately, she also suffers from osteoporosis so she has to be careful what medications she takes due to some medicine is bad for your bones.

She also does a lot of rehab. When she stops for a period of time, she always complains the pain gets worse. For her, keeping a strong muscle base is important.  

For you, you need to stop procrastinating and find a doctor to help you with your foot.  You need to figure out the support your foot needs to allow you to continue in your travels in less pain.

I will say she is in a good place now that she has a support team that she trusts and feels comfortable reach out to in times of need. We are approaching 2 years with no accidents. 

• Hugs 2

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

She has in the past. Since she was a RN, she thought she was smart enough to do it unsupervised. Plus she started drinking more which is a bad combination. It caused her to have one of her worst accidents and she spent almost a year in between the hospital and rehab. 

After that accident, she agreed to seek professional help. She has a doctor that helps her with the pain. It took a while to find the right balance.  Unfortunately, she also suffers from osteoporosis so she has to be careful what medications she takes due to some medicine is bad for your bones.

She also does a lot of rehab. When she stops for a period of time, she always complains the pain gets worse. For her, keeping a strong muscle base is important.  

For you, you need to stop procrastinating and find a doctor to help you with your foot.  You need to figure out the support your foot needs to allow you to continue in your travels in less pain.

I will say she is in a good place now that she has a support team that she trusts and feels comfortable reach out to in times of need. We are approaching 2 years with no accidents. 

“For you, you need to stop procrastinating and find a doctor to help you with your foot.  You need to figure out the support your foot needs to allow you to continue in your travels in less pain”

Needed to hear this. Thank you,

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

“For you, you need to stop procrastinating and find a doctor to help you with your foot.  You need to figure out the support your foot needs to allow you to continue in your travels in less pain”

Needed to hear this. Thank you,

And you only need to find one good doctor. Once you do, that person becomes the base. You go to them for your issues even if it is outside their expertise because they will recommend someone they trust. Slowly but surely, you will find a support team to help you. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 1:55 PM, Nokra said:

@stepee Yeah Global Entry is the shit. It costs $100 for five years or something. To expand a bit on what @Brian was saying: The government does some background checks on you (and you do a short, easy interview) to make sure you're not a national security threat, and once approved, you get speedier entry into the country from abroad. In addition to speedier entry from abroad though, you also get a "known traveler number" which you can enter in when buying domestic flights, and it pretty much guarantees you'll be TSA Pre, again meaning shorter lines, not having to take off your shoes or pull out your electronics, etc. 

You can also show the card to get into the Nexus security lane at Canadian airports. Same as Precheck basically.

Always bring the GE card with you despite CBP saying you don't need to, it can save you from having to wait in the regular line if the GE machines are down. Had this happen once coming back from London and I was able to show my card to jump the very long line to speak to an immigration officer.

If you go to Canada a lot you can get Nexus (GE but also quick entry into Canada) but you have to do the interview at a Canadian airport or a handful of land crossings so not worth it unless you go to Canada a lot.

• Halal 2

So mine is most definitely on the mend. Finally got to take a shower and even clean up some of the garbage from laying around in bed for so long. And are a jimmy john’s italian.

Mom is on her worst day now though but at least isn’t having breathing issues today. But now she sounds like me where you just can’t function at all. Just hope hers is at its peak and will go down from here soon.

Be careful out there folks!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

So mine is most definitely on the mend. Finally got to take a shower and even clean up some of the garbage from laying around in bed for so long. And are a jimmy john’s italian.

Mom is on her worst day now though but at least isn’t having breathing issues today. But now she sounds like me where you just can’t function at all. Just hope hers is at its peak and will go down from here soon.

Be careful out there folks!

I wish you a speedy recovery man. I'll say this one more time, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the deck. It's life changing for me in gaming and the technology is so fuckin impressive. I can't thank you enough. I just downloaded Elden Ring so that I can really focus in bed to try and beat it all comfy in my blankets. :p

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I wish you a speedy recovery man. I'll say this one more time, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the deck. It's life changing for me in gaming and the technology is so fuckin impressive. I can't thank you enough. I just downloaded Elden Ring so that I can really focus in bed to try and beat it all comfy in my blankets. :p

Really glad you are enjoying it! It’ll be a good gateway to getting used to certain things if you still plan to build a gaming desktop next gen too. 

Im certainly impressed with mine too.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Really glad you are enjoying it! It’ll be a good gateway to getting used to certain things if you still plan to build a gaming desktop next gen too. 

Im certainly impressed with mine too.

Yes, I can learn from this and then be semi prepared for next gen pc. 

• Hype 1