Grand Theft Auto VI (PS5/Xbox Series | Autumn 2025) - update (05/16): Take-Two earnings statement indicates Autumn 2025 release

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 hour ago, eventide11 said:

I like the idea of the protagonists. Just wasn't wowed by the trailer. Looked like more of the same in the Bahamas or Miami. But GTA is so hugely popuar people will lap it up no matter what

It’s kind of difficult to tell how the game will play, tbh. This was all cinematic, no actual gameplay was shown.

The graphics are pretty wild though. What a time to be alive.

21 hours ago, eventide11 said:

I like the idea of the protagonists. Just wasn't wowed by the trailer. Looked like more of the same in the Bahamas or Miami. But GTA is so hugely popuar people will lap it up no matter what

This will be the first new Grand Theft Auto game in 12 years, that’s why a lot of people are excited about it myself included. I’m not really sure what you mean by it looking like more of the same, it’s GTA which is an urban open world action adventure crime series so what else would it look like? I personally wouldn’t lap it up no matter what, but I thought that it looked really impressive in the trailer.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, what are you hoping for? 

I'm hoping for a "not totally dogshit" control scheme where at the very least I don't have to repeatedly press "X" to sprint!

Also, I'm hoping that the actual shooting mechanics are at the very least of the standards of the mid-2010s.

• True 2

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Hopefully. But they haven’t changed the formula too much over the years. 

Bethesda had time to change and grow the formula also.  But Starfield plays exactly like a Bethesda game. I’d be shocked if this didn’t play almost exactly like a Rockstar game. 

18 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Bethesda had time to change and grow the formula also.  But Starfield plays exactly like a Bethesda game. I’d be shocked if this didn’t play almost exactly like a Rockstar game. 

Nothing is fundamentally wrong with Bethesda's controls though. You're speaking about a formula not controls. 

49 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I mean, Rockstar controls are okay. I don’t complain about them as much as some people. But that was also part of the reason I gave up on RDR2. 

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see Rockstar add the more “deliberate” pacing of RDR2 into GTA..

I would hope they would ease up on the satire a bit more so it isnt as “obnoxiously” in your face but I guess thats part of the package..

those in game “tik toks” look interesting… I wonder if at some advanced level those clips you access will come from gamers in MP..

Its odd, GTA is not a series that is “important” to me like other franchises (specially since I skip the online MP), yet I have somehow beat GTA V story on each console as its become available (im part of the problem).

All I want is even more ways to interact with the sandbox, its the major thing that GTA always lags behind on despite all the technological advances.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Grand Theft Auto VI (PS5/Xbox Series, 2025) - Digital Foundry technical analysis of Official Trailer 1 (36 minutes)
16 hours ago, best3444 said:

I think you might be the first person I've seen with comments like that. I read a bunch on YouTube as well.

You have to be high. It looks like a freakin movie lol. 

I guess I view it like some view the Soulsborne games. While they review, look and play really well, they just aren't for everyone because they don't have the same appeal they have for some (or they're too hard).

It'll be a massive hit, widely played and popular for the next 15 years. They don't need my support

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I guess I view it like some view the Soulsborne games. While they review, look and play really well, they just aren't for everyone because they don't have the same appeal they have for some (or they're too hard).

It'll be a massive hit, widely played and popular for the next 15 years. They don't need my support

You will buy this on release day. Once you see what they have in store for us with improved controls and gameplay, you will be biting. Rockstar learned from other AAA games since RDR2 and this will be beyond what we expect. 

41 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You will buy this on release day. Once you see what they have in store for us with improved controls and gameplay, you will be biting. Rockstar learned from other AAA games since RDR2 and this will be beyond what we expect. 

Yeah, I have no willpower at all lol. I'll probably enjoy moments in the game like I did with GTA5. It was just the trailer.. Idk it didn't make me excited for it

Just now, eventide11 said:

Yeah, I have no willpower at all lol. I'll probably enjoy moments in the game like I did with GTA5. It was just the trailer.. Idk it didn't make me excited for it

I litteraly got an erection while watching it. 2025 is so brutal for me. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

tl;dr anyone?

Trailer looks to be largely real time and very doable on current gen consoles, probably at a around 1440p, except for the TikTok style videos which seem to have a lot of post processing. There's evidence of ray traced reflections and GI. Some details that stuck out to them were the hair (both graphical quality and physics) and the paint quality on the cars. They're expecting it to target 30fps. Overall think it looks very good.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Trailer looks to be largely real time and very doable on current gen consoles, probably at a around 1440p, except for the TikTok style videos which seem to have a lot of post processing. There's evidence of ray traced reflections and GI. Some details that stuck out to them were the hair (both graphical quality and physics) and the paint quality on the cars. They're expecting it to target 30fps. Overall think it looks very good.

Hmm...so most likely the PS5 Pro will run it at 60fps. That may be enough to get me to buy a Pro. We will see. Thanks

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

My meds do it for me. I wasn't aware diabetes does that. 

Yeah, diabetes is a serious illness that can cause all sorts of health issues. As you know I almost died earlier this year from ketoacidosis, and had to have my right foot amputated. I also have neuropathy in my hands, and remaining left foot. My remaining foot has no feeling left in it whatsoever, thankfully my hands still do. I’m not sure that I could game if they didn’t. I’m worried that they will completely lose feeling in them eventually as well.

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 1

7 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Yeah, diabetes is a serious illness that can cause all sorts of health issues. As you know I almost died earlier this year from ketoacidosis, and had to have my right foot amputated. I also have neuropathy in my hands, and remaining left foot. My remaining foot has no feeling left in it whatsoever, thankfully my hands still do. I’m not sure that I could game if they didn’t. I’m worried that they will completely lose feeling in them eventually as well.

Fuck man. Sorry to hear. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

curious to see how it stacks up vs the GTA V “realistic” visuals mods..

Since Midnight Club is seemingly dead I sure hope the vehicle customization from GTA Online finds its way to SP

Just imagine realistic visual mod on GTA6.

:drool: