Gaza/Israel Update (04/02): Israeli airstrike kills foreign workers of World Central Kitchen (Chef José Andrés food aid charity)

4 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Dude, I’ve literally seen my coworkers post from the river to the sea, seen that shit on street corners 

Thats not anti idf, accept that liberals by and large restate antisemitc tropes, you’re muddying the waters by trying to say that the above statement is anti Israel not antisemitic

You can't trust a Jewish organization like the ADL, but Palestinian Reports are not at all controlled by Hamas and can be trusted. 

22 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

The fact that posting the article generated a bunch of new activity trying to pick it apart but absolute silence regarding what Hamas did says everything. 

I wasn't aware that we had yet to fulfill our requisite quota of condemning the genocidal pogrom perpetuated by Hamas and the PIJ on October 7 in order to effectively discuss this topic without making an explicit reference to it.

Please feel free to let us know when we have accomplished this task!

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

You can't trust a Jewish organization like the ADL, but Palestinian Reports are not at all controlled by Hamas and can be trusted. 

I frankly don’t give two fucks if pretend liberals believe me, my sister is safe, I’ll keep her in flyover America before I ever bring her to the bay to see this shit.

Also, had an Israeli coworker leave my dept over this shit, I nearly left my union over their pro Palestine remarks and made them walk back their intended remark.

• Halal 2

15 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Have fun defending these guys

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

“The American Jewish community is facing a threat level that’s now unprecedented in modern history,” said Jonathan Greenblatt, the chief executive...

“A member of the white nationalist group NatSoc Florida”. Sounds like a real pinko commie liberal to me.  

Find a place where I defended these people or anyone like them.  

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I wasn't aware that we had yet to fulfill our requisite quota of condemning the genocidal pogrom perpetuated by Hamas and the PIJ on October 7 in order to effectively discuss this topic without making an explicit reference to it.

Please feel free to let us know when we have accomplished this task!

I just find it curious that despite many updates the one that generates activity is the one talking about the rise of antisemitism and a lot of it is questioning the validity of the information because the organization is Jewish. 

5 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

I frankly don’t give two fucks if pretend liberals believe me, my sister is safe, I’ll keep her in flyover America before I ever bring her to the bay to see this shit.

Also, had an Israeli coworker leave my dept over this shit, I nearly left my union over their pro Palestine remarks and made them walk back their intended remark.

To make it clear, I demanded a meeting with my union rep and the lead.

Made my views very clear and that we shouldn’t be choosing sides and if our union is I’d leave; and attempt to convince others to as well.

2 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

You need to consider Wade why antisemitism is so prevalent here.

Talk to Bega to get his views.

Both me and spork have criticized the actions of the Israeli government, repeatedly, I want bibi dead because my sister fled with a backpack because of him, hearing her cry on the phone when I could do nothing broke me. At a level I can’t begin to describe to you all. We are reiterating our feelings that liberals have become antisemitic. Consider that 

• Hugs 1

29 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I just find it curious that despite many updates the one that generates activity is the one talking about the rise of antisemitism and a lot of it is questioning the validity of the information because the organization is Jewish. 

Without knowing how the ADL defines what constitutes "verbal or written harassment", their view of anti-semitism could very well cover positions that could be construed as anti-semitic in only the most torturously broad definition (i.e., criticism of the policies of the Israeli government).

Besides, we don't have to rely on the ADL for evidence that anti-semitism has markedly, horribly increased in the United States.  That has very much been confirmed by the FBI:

WWW.CNN.COM

(CNN) - FBI Director Christopher Wray said Tuesday that antisemitism is reaching “historic levels” in the United States.

• Halal 1

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

The United Nations described scenes of "utter horror" in northern Gaza this weekend as Israel marked 100 days of its war against Hamas. Follow for live updates.

Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said "nobody will stop us" from destroying Hamas as its war in Gaza reached the 100-day mark. He suggested Israel would not comply with the UN's top court, where it is accused of genocide.

Israel is meanwhile pressing on with its ground offensive in Gaza, saying it uncovered missile launch sites in the north.

re: the rise in antisemitic activity--the headline on that NBC article says "attacks" but the article says "incidents"--I'd like to see a source on this that isn't the ADL because Greenblatt is a fucking jackass and I don't trust him to not just count anything even vaguely anti-Israel as "antisemitic incidents"

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

re: the rise in antisemitic activity--the headline on that NBC article says "attacks" but the article says "incidents"--I'd like to see a source on this that isn't the ADL because Greenblatt is a fucking jackass and I don't trust him to not just count anything even vaguely anti-Israel as "antisemitic incidents"

Is the data being twisted to give Israel cover, sure, but trying to use that to prove there isn't a problem (or it is less of a problem) is a bit like telling black people in 2020 everything is okay with the police because of the statistics. Jews don't feel safe, they've historically got a good read on this stuff, so let's maybe try to figure out why and how to fix it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Jews don't feel safe

How do you not know I'm Jewish?

7 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

they've historically got a good read on this stuff

I don't feel any more or less uncomfortable being Jewish in Los Angeles today than I did on October 6. It also seemed status quo being in NYC in December, other than NYPD having a completely over the top presence in Washington Square Park (probably just abusing overtime) because a handful of NYU students were waving Palestinian flags.

TIL that Jason speaks for all Jews. If he hasn’t seen it, it doesn’t exist!

Antisemitism has been on a large rise since Trump took office in 2017. Oct 7th sure as shit didn’t help, especially at many college campuses: one of my wife’s professors warned her class not to wear anything pro-Israel or with Jewish symbolism on it, and one of her lab partners confided in her that she’s “scared” and feels “unsafe” on campus with all the pamphlets littering campus and things constantly being shouted by students throughout the day on campus. There’s also been threats and several fights that occurred. This is TCNJ btw.

Does not sucking Israel’s dick make you antisemitic? Lol no, of course not. That narrative is almost as batshit insane as saying that antisemitism doesn’t exist or “isn’t a big deal”.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

TIL that Jason speaks for all Jews. If he hasn’t seen it, it doesn’t exist!

Antisemitism has been on a large rise since Trump took office in 2017. Oct 7th sure as shit didn’t help, especially at many college campuses: one of my wife’s professors warned her class not to wear anything pro-Israel or with Jewish symbolism on it, and one of her lab partners confided in her that she’s “scared” and feels “unsafe” on campus with all the pamphlets littering campus and things constantly being shouted by students throughout the day on campus. There’s also been threats and several fights that occurred. This is TCNJ btw.

Does not sucking Israel’s dick make you antisemitic? Lol no, of course not. That narrative is almost as batshit insane as saying that antisemitism doesn’t exist or “isn’t a big deal”.

love being jewsplained by goyim

36 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

“The FBI data isn’t real because I’m Jewish and how dare you argue otherwise” is peak Jason

"I'm going to try to dunk on you without actually reading what you wrote" is peak Spork.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

"I'm going to try to dunk on you without actually reading what you wrote" is peak Spork.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I don't feel any more or less uncomfortable being Jewish in Los Angeles today than I did on October 6

:silly:
“I just want things to be true because it feels that way to me specifically, to hell with reality” - literally every fucking dumbass post from Jason :lol:

• True 1

9 hours ago, johnny said:

lmfao this is absurd 

I misspoke, it’s present here but not to the degree my post made it seem to be, so I’ll walk it back but won’t retract it. Aka river to the sea is just a way to express concerns towards the Israeli govt!

Antisemitism is present on the left so it follows it’s here too, again, I welcome you to come to SF and witness what I’m referencing. It’s not like they’re hiding it. I no shit had a coworker imply 10/7 was a false flag from Mossad, guess what side they line up on too.

• Hugs 1

1 minute ago, TUFKAK said:

I misspoke, it’s present here but not to the degree my post made it seem to be, so I’ll walk it back but won’t retract it. Aka river to the sea is just a way to express concerns towards the Israeli govt!

Antisemitism is present on the left so it follows it’s here too, again, I welcome you to come to SF and witness what I’m referencing. It’s not like they’re hiding it. I no shit had a coworker imply 10/7 was a false flag from Mossad, guess what side they line up on too.

FWIW, I don’t think there’s much (if any) antisemitism on this board. I don’t think criticizing or even hating Israel is necessarily antisemitism (it can be, but unlike calls for genocide it actually does depend on the context :p ).

• True 1

Just now, Spork3245 said:

FWIW, I don’t think there’s much (if any) antisemitism on this board. I don’t think criticizing or even hating Israel is necessarily antisemitism (it can be, but unlike calls for genocide it actually does depend on the context :p ).

Yeah, he was right to call me out on the implication my post took it to no doubts. In my head it was clear, rereading the post I didn’t convey it appropriately.

But I’ve definitely seen things here I consider antisemitic, while criticizing Israel is not antisemitic, when the default response is “herp derp, I’m not antisemitic I’m just criticizing Israel” it gives cover to that speech.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, TUFKAK said:

when the default response is “herp derp, I’m not antisemitic I’m just criticizing Israel” it gives cover to that speech.

I don’t disagree at all, I just personally haven’t noticed that here, but it’s possible it was in some of that now deleted chunk itt.

I had someone try to say that I was “being a bit antisemitic” last week (IRL, not here) for saying Netanyahu is a POS and saying a solution to this situation without completely turning the Gaza Strip into dust is preferable. I laughed and laughed and laughed and showed them my Wingate diplomas and pictures with 707 instructors at the LOTAR school. :p 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

I don’t disagree at all, I just personally haven’t noticed that here, but it’s possible it was in some of that now deleted chunk itt.

I had someone try to say that I was “being a bit antisemitic” last week (IRL, not here) for saying Netanyahu is a POS and saying a solution to this situation without completely turning the Gaza Strip into dust is preferable. I laughed and laughed and laughed and showed them my Wingate diplomas and pictures with 707 instructors at the LOTAR school. :p 

Lots of Jews must be antisemitic then too. 

Thankfully nobody brings this topic up around me since my connection has become common knowledge at work.

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I figured, but I never want to miss an opportunity to say that most (and a record number of) Israelis hate Netanyahu right now :p 

My sister and step mother hate him so my limited exposure shows this too.

6 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

My sister and step mother hate him so my limited exposure shows this too.

One of my friends/teachers is pretty hard right and definitely was a fan of Netanyahu until Oct. 7th. He wants Netanyahu not just gone but thrown in jail.