Gaza/Israel Update (04/02): Israeli airstrike kills foreign workers of World Central Kitchen (Chef José Andrés food aid charity)

7 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Well yeah, that’s been pretty apparent from the beginning…but it’s, like, kinda working, which I was hoping wouldn’t be the case…

When all surrounding countries are looking for any excuse to blame and condemn Israel, of course it was going to work to some degree. Just look at how people reacted to the initial reporting of the hospital explosion (because let’s believe Hamas instead of waiting a few hours). 
However, I really don’t believe it’s going how Hamas thought it would: I believe they were expecting other countries to get involved “more directly” because they’re delusional.

• 2 weeks later...
WWW.CNN.COM

The stakes in the Middle East have rarely been higher.

Iran’s network of armed groups have coalesced around a single stated goal: bringing about a ceasefire in Gaza, where the staggering civilian death toll and wide-scale devastation wrought by Israel’s assault has led to allegations of genocide at the United Nations’ top court (claims Israel has strenuously denied).

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

50 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

This is the reason I’ve kept my sister in utah

yeah liberals, you’re responsible for that shit, I feel safer with her around the chuds than you.

We know people in the bay area that had to pull their kids from school and send them to private Jewish schools because of harassment/threats/bullying.

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, TUFKAK said:

yeah liberals, you’re responsible for that shit, I feel safer with her around the chuds than you.

there’s a lot of liberals that support israel still. or if they don’t support israel, they still think hamas is bad. most liberals really aren’t that far to the left they’re closer to the center. there’s just a small pocket of people that wish harm on jewish people for this. and then i guess you could add them to the list of people that commit hate crimes. but yeah SF might not be the best place for her right now. other blue areas are probably less worrisome. is your sister in SLC? i would imagine that’s the least conservative part of utah so that could be a good spot. 

1 hour ago, TUFKAK said:

As a liberal in a liberal area, albeit liberal adults, why do you think it’s liberal’s fault?  

7 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

As a liberal in a liberal area, albeit liberal adults, why do you think it’s liberal’s fault?  

As a liberal in the liberal area, seeing very Butch gay women hold “from the river to sea” posters 

That was the moment for me.

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, TUFKAK said:

As a liberal in the liberal area, seeing very Butch gay women hold “from the river to sea” posters 

That was the moment for me.

I don’t necessarily believe that being opposed to Israel is the same thing is being anti-Semitic.  Clearly lots of VERY anti-Semitic people can also be very pro-Israel.  

11 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

I don’t necessarily believe that being opposed to Israel is the same thing is being anti-Semitic.  Clearly lots of VERY anti-Semitic people can also be very pro-Israel.  

Many of them are. The same woman who talked about “Jewish space lasers” is suddenly “concerned” about antisemitism. And a lot of those chuds who support a leading Republican idiot for President were waving Nazi flags not too long ago. 

4 minutes ago, Subzwari1987 said:

Many of them are. The same woman who talked about “Jewish space lasers” is suddenly “concerned” about antisemitism. And a lot of those chuds who support a leading Republican idiot for President were waving Nazi flags not too long ago. 

Ladies and gentleman

the American mindset 

1 minute ago, TUFKAK said:

Ladies and gentleman

the American mindset 

I’m sorry that you think criticizing Israel is considered an attack on your people. Tell me what country is given this same kind of protection from many people in our government. Because God forbid we say anything bad about Israel or criticize how they treat a group of people that they routinely arrest and bomb the living hell out of. 

2 minutes ago, Subzwari1987 said:

I’m sorry that you think criticizing Israel is considered an attack on your people. Tell me what country is given this same kind of protection from many people in our government. Because God forbid we say anything bad about Israel or criticize how they treat a group of people that they routinely arrest and bomb the living hell out of. 

Did you not read the article? There's actual Anti Jewish sentiment right now, not anti Israel. 

• True 1

7 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Did you not read the article? There's actual Anti Jewish sentiment right now, not anti Israel. 

There definitely is, but the ADL considers criticism of Israel to be antisemetic. Equating protests against Israel in the same vein as antisemetism skews those numbers up

12 minutes ago, Subzwari1987 said:

I’m American, Swedish descent 

try again 

7 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I’m not questioning the rise of incidents, I’m questioning the assumption that somehow it’s liberals that are responsible for the rise.  

4 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

I’m not questioning the rise of incidents, I’m questioning the assumption that somehow it’s liberals that are responsible for the rise.  

Anecdotes are meaningless but also relevant 

1 minute ago, Subzwari1987 said:

But you’re Jewish, right? Why is criticism against Israel considered an attack against the Jewish people? It’s either you support Israel or you are antisemitic. 

No just no

thank you for making my point based on your assumptions 

go back to being American 

8 minutes ago, Subzwari1987 said:

There definitely is, but the ADL considers criticism of Israel to be antisemetic. Equating protests against Israel in the same vein as antisemetism skews those numbers up

The numbers are up regardless of how you want to split it. 

Just now, LazyPiranha said:

But one of those things isn’t an anecdote? 

I’m basing protecting my family on my lived experience. My sister doesn’t need to be anywhere near the shit I’ve seen here in the bay. That’s the anecdote, I honestly don’t give two shots if anyone here is thinking I’m making this up, I feel safer knowing she’s flyover state America than near me.

• Like 1

Just now, Subzwari1987 said:

Lmao, ok go ahead and hide behind that instead of facing the absurdity of your thought that it is safer to be with white “chuds” than with liberals in California who simply think that massacring women and children should be condemned. 

And let’s condemn rape (as we absolutely should) but it’s ok for Israel to bomb refugee camps and cars full of children because Hamas “made” them do it. 

K

Just now, SuperSpreader said:

The fact that posting the article generated a bunch of new activity trying to pick it apart but absolute silence regarding what Hamas did says everything. 

Remember when a user blamed Israel for the Houthi’s attacking international shipping?

Thats this board 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 minute ago, SuperSpreader said:

The fact that posting the article generated a bunch of new activity trying to pick it apart but absolute silence regarding what Hamas did says everything. 

Considering that you and TUFKAK and Spork have discussed that in this thread is proof that there is no absolute silence in this matter. 

1 minute ago, SuperSpreader said:

Really?  That’s the bar?  Does EVERY discussion on this issue have to start with the statement “what Hamas did was terrible?”   If Bibi ate a live puppy on television would I have to restate that Hamas is a terror organization before I said that the puppy eating thing was fucked up?  It’s a new article discussing new information, and I didn’t even pick apart the article.  I questioned what I feel like is a knee jerk reaction I see more and more often that is seemingly based on nothing but a desire to muddy the waters by intrinsically linking anti-Semitism with being opposed to the actions of this specific Israeli government.  

2 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Really?  That’s the bar?  Does EVERY discussion on this issue have to start with the statement “what Hamas did was terrible?”   If Bibi ate a live puppy on television would I have to restate that Hamas is a terror organization before I said that the puppy eating thing was fucked up?  It’s a new article discussing new information, and I didn’t even pick apart the article.  I questioned what I feel like is a knee jerk reaction I see more and more often that is seemingly based on nothing but a desire to muddy the waters by intrinsically linking anti-Semitism with being opposed to the actions of this specific Israeli government.  

Have fun defending these guys

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

“The American Jewish community is facing a threat level that’s now unprecedented in modern history,” said Jonathan Greenblatt, the chief executive of the Anti-Defamation League, a Jewish advocacy organization.

1 minute ago, LazyPiranha said:

Dude, I’ve literally seen my coworkers post from the river to the sea, seen that shit on street corners 

Thats not anti idf, accept that liberals by and large restate antisemitc tropes, you’re muddying the waters by trying to say that the above statement is anti Israel not antisemitic

• Halal 2

11 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Remember when a user blamed Israel for the Houthi’s attacking international shipping?

Thats this board 

Remember when Indonesia passed the law saying everyone sharing a hotel room has to be married, this board said it was due to colonialism. 😂

• Haha 1