Who gives a fucklaugust 2023 is here!

Biggie

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Are you actually getting it? I know you don't look at reviews so what to do base your purchases on? Previous Bethesda games? If so, I know you despise them.

Half the games I buy are terrible. That's what makes it fun!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Doesn’t @Xbob42 have gamepass so he can try Starfield and rip it to shreds without having to pay a cent?

Fuck that, I'm paying for the early access edition so I have to deal with actually owning the game so my anger can be pure. I need to see the fucked upedness on day 1. Seeing Fallout 76 day one was one of the most gloriously insane moments of gaming. Just total dogshit. Like paying to see a car accident. It felt wrong, but I couldn't look away. Joseph Anderson's 1001 Glitches of Fallout 76 is the only piece of media to ever get a 2 hour standing ovation from me.

• Haha 1
  • Hype 1

I didn’t realize there was a paid early access. Is this the first MS GP game to do that? I don’t really care about people paying to get the game early but I wonder at what point all release dates are just artificially bumped up 3 days and they just start collecting that extra  money for essentially doing nothing. 

Nice, I got to bitch about it now without having played it yet too!

• Hype 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I didn’t realize there was a paid early access. Is this the first MS GP game to do that? I don’t really care about people paying to get the game early but I wonder at what point all release dates are just artificially bumped up 3 days and they just start collecting that extra  money for essentially doing nothing.

It's just the premium edition of the game, like paid version you pay for.

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Premium Edition is $99.99 and you get the game five days earlier, so on August 31

(Premium Edition isn't just early access it includes a future expansion, skins, artbook and soundtrack)

Holy shit. 5 days early is tempting but $100 is steep af. Plus no reviews or user impressions will be out then so I think I'll wait until it hits gamepass. Thanks

46 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Forza Horizon 5 had it.

Ohhh yeah I do remember that. I’m guessing we will see that more, but since I’m trained on waiting from late pc ports, maybe this is a good way to get some money for them without raising my gamepass sub price as well 

50 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Holy shit. 5 days early is tempting but $100 is steep af. Plus no reviews or user impressions will be out then so I think I'll wait until it hits gamepass. Thanks

I never ever pay extra for a few days of early access. Not even for CoD and I love that shit. 

• True 1

52 minutes ago, stepee said:

Ohhh yeah I do remember that. I’m guessing we will see that more, but since I’m trained on waiting from late pc ports, maybe this is a good way to get some money for them without raising my gamepass sub price as well 

Despite this being on game pass I've seen quite a few people that I know just outright buying the game right now. I guess for some people game pass is just a hurdle and on the flip side I know some people who won't play a game unless it is on game pass.