Ok, I'm completely out of games to play. Name your top 5 games from 2022/2023

best3444

I'm even completely bored at work! I've litteraly sat at my computer for 7 hours straight replying to 3 emails. My life has no meaning when I don't have a game to play.

I'm completely stumped here in what game I should play and beat before 9/6. 

Help me out and list your top 5 games from last year and this half year. I think I've played every AAA but there might be a gem I'm overlooking. 

1. Tears of the Kingdom

2. Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Redeemed (for crazy people like me who've played all the others)

3. Xenoblade Chronicles 3

4. Oli Oli World

That's all I've tried that released in the last two years.  I've got a few others backlogged until I finish Zelda.  (Pikmin 4, Elden Ring, Rollerdrome, Temtem, Ghostwire, GoW2/Horizon2 after I finish the first ones, etc)

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

1. Tears of the Kingdom

2. Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Redeemed (for crazy people like me who've played all the others)

4. Oli Oli World

That's all I've tried that released in the last two years.  I've got a few others backlogged until I finish Zelda.  (Pikmin 4, Elden Ring, Rollerdrome, Temtem, Ghostwire, GoW2/Horizon2 after I finish the first ones, etc)

Fuck me. I never finished XB3 and I forget why I stopped playing it. I was really enjoying it and maybe 30 hours in. 

I'll keep this on my mind. Thanks

26 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

1. Tears of the Kingdom

4. Oli Oli World

Oli Oli World was soooo good!!

Someone please save me from FF16! Fucking game doesn't know when to end. I put in an hour and a half and it refuses to pick up. I refuse to stop though because I made it so far. 

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Yup.  I've put over 40 hours into it (it was also one of the top 10 most played games on Steam Deck last month).

Understand if it's not your jam. 

I didn't realize this is pc only. Still, not my jam. 

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I should check out Remnant 2

Give it a few more patches. They fixed performance but there are some game breaking bugs and of course I've encountered one. 

Im in a boss fight, boss doesnt move and I cant leave the area.  Load save. Back in boss arena and boss doesn;t move. 

SO. F'N. PISSED.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Just buy Ball Sacks Gate 3 

Doesn't come out till September 6th. In case you forget, something else releases that day. :angry-fap-small:

It's looking like I played most games. 2 of the bigger releases of Ball Sacks Gate 3 and Remnant 2 are not going to work out for. It's been an incredible year so I can't be upset. 

Strangers of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins.

It's not story heavy.

You can make the game very easy.

Grounded and Simple combat, souls-like.

Graphical fidelity is nothing special but I like its style. 

I know it's "final fantasy" and you've been unlucky in that regard but it's literally the best FF ever made that isn't an MMO.

Also, you can basically just pretend SoP has nothing to do with FF. It just happens to be a fun action game that with an FF skin. It's why so many FF fans dislike it.

Just now, Bacon said:

It not story heavy.

I know it's "final fantasy" and you've been unlucky in that regard but it's literally the best FF ever made that isn't an MMO.

This IS fucking killer too

19 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Doesn't come out till September 6th. In case you forget, something else releases that day. :angry-fap-small:

No I remember. I remember that you promised something then lied and took it back. Now I’m fucked. No StarField. No Xbox Series X. Not even Madden 24. I’m dead inside. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

What about the Dead space remake?

Beat it and loved it.

21 minutes ago, stepee said:

He’s supposed to be playing FF7R so idk what is even going on 

You missed it, but I gave it 2 hours and didn't enjoy it at all. 

22 minutes ago, Bacon said:

It's not story heavy.

Also, you can basically just pretend SoP has nothing to do with FF. It just happens to be a fun action game that with an FF skin. It's why so many FF fans dislike it.

Here we go. I'll look into this because I never even heard of it. Sounds promising though. 

• Hype 1

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Beat it and loved it.

Here we go. I'll look into this because I never even heard of it. Sounds promising though. 

Give it FOUR hours 

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Beat it and loved it.

Reviews are good! I am most likely buying this tomorrow. I looked it up at metacritic and couldn't find it. So I went to YouTube and the video reviews are very solid. Last gen visuals with a big emphasis on combat. I am fine with it looking dated because I love great combat in games. Thanks a lot for recommending this sleeper hit. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Reviews are good! I am most likely buying this tomorrow. I looked it up at metacritic and couldn't find it. So I went to YouTube and the video reviews are very solid. Last gen visuals with a big emphasis on combat. I am fine with it looking dated because I love great combat in games. Thanks a lot for recommending this sleeper hit. 

The reviews aren't amazing. A lot of the bad reviews from fans and critics are based on post-credits content. It also had poor performance for a game so visually dated on PC.

Opencritic has it as 72 with 52% recommended.

• Thanks 1