Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (PC/PlayStation/Xbox) - 1 million units sold since release

Keyser_Soze

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

I can officially say the man who erased his name is better than what I played of Infinite Wealth. This is fuckin awesome shit. I actually prefer playing these games on the deck so I wish I bought Infinite Wealth on my deck. :(

I bet they are really cool playing them on the deck. I wish I had told stepee I wanted Infinite Wealth on my XBSX instead of my PS5. For some strange reason these games just feel good on the Series X. 

On 2/7/2024 at 10:25 AM, best3444 said:

I played a few hours of the man who erased his name which had real time combat. I'm digging this turn based combat a lot though. 

8 hours ago, best3444 said:

I think I'm enjoying The Man Who Erased His Name more than Infinite Wealth. It has a much better flow to it with really fun combat.

Classic Best :sickos:

7 hours ago, Biggie said:

I just said that’s the problem. I don’t know which one is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.  It’s a convoluted mess. 

I mean they are named that. The only ones without a number are not direct sequels they are spinoffs or offshoots.

@Keyser_Soze I think I like real time combat is all I'm saying the more I play both of them. Infinite Wealth is a good game but The Man Who Erased His Name is much better paced and actually more interesting. 

Opinions change as you advance in games. It's not a classic best situation.

Also. I ran into the hostess @Brian hides from his wife from. I understand now why he is hiding that aspect on handheld! 😄 

Kidding. 

I'm 6 hours in Infinite Wealth on chapter 3.

I'm 4 hours in TMWEHN on chapter 2. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Keyser_Soze I think I like real time combat is all I'm saying the more I play both of them. Infinite Wealth is a good game but The Man Who Erased His Name is much better paced and actually more interesting. 

Opinions change as you advance in games. It's not a classic best situation.

Also. I ran into the hostess @Brian hides from his wife from. I understand now why he is hiding that aspect on handheld! 😄 

Kidding. 

I'm 6 hours in Infinite Wealth on chapter 3.

I'm 4 hours in TMWEHN on chapter 2. 

Classic @best3444 

Youre The Best GIF

18 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I just bought the Yakuza bundle and soon will begin the journey starting With Zero. 

Zero is great. Also has a fun hostess minigame. One my favorites of the series. 

@best3444 the hostess escalates quite a bit by the end. :bj:

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

One of the reasons I never beat zero is I got addicted to playing the Texas hold em instead of actually playing the normal game

:sickos:

I got hooked on pool last night in the man who erased his name. It was very fun. Have you played them all?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I asked you a question and will not be ignored! Answer me damnit! Now!

As I said when I was answering Biggie's question about the games. I said I've only played 0 and not finished it and now I've given the reason I didn't finish it.

I think I also went to learn Mahjong as well. :p

EDIT: Actually I believe I played some of Yakuza 4 on PS3.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Biggie said:

The story in Like a Dragon is so fucking good. 

Yup. Outside of 4 and 5, I think all the Yakuza stories range from good to great with some memorable characters and fights. Add Judgement and Lost Judgement, the team consistently puts together a story worth seeing through to the end. 

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Yup. Outside of 4 and 5, I think all the Yakuza stories range from good to great with some memorable characters and fights. Add Judgement and Lost Judgement, the team consistently puts together a story worth seeing through to the end. 

How far are you in Infinite Wealth? I'm 6 hours in really pushing it but God there is so much dialogue and cutscenes even 6 hours in. How are you liking it compared to the others?

24 minutes ago, best3444 said:

How far are you in Infinite Wealth? I'm 6 hours in really pushing it but God there is so much dialogue and cutscenes even 6 hours in. How are you liking it compared to the others?

The Man Who Erased His Name has the best pacing. The rest are typically JRPG style where there is a lot of story and setup. I personally like the stories and characters so I’m ok with it. In games where I don’t like FF16, it’s a chore to play those games. 

Just now, Brian said:

The Man Who Erased His Name has the best pacing. The rest are typically JRPG style where there is a lot of story and setup. I personally like the stories and characters so I’m ok with it. In games where I don’t like FF16, it’s a chore to play those games. 

I think I really prefer real-time combat. Infinite Wealth is not grabbing me the way I wanted it too. I'm not giving up on it, though. 

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

So is Yakuza Like a Dragon. If you got GamePass try it. It’s exactly the same game formula. 

Similar for sure but IW has made nice changes to make it more engaging than a traditional turn based combat. 

• Like 1
  • Hype 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Be prepared for hours of cutscenes and minimal gameplay 6 hours in. Maybe it picks up from there but after 6 hours I had enough I think. 

I definitely DON'T like not using my controller considering all it takes for me just to turn on a console and sit down to 'play' for a few. So it'll be game PASS for me. You can blame Kojima for that

12 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I definitely DON'T like not using my controller considering all it takes for me just to turn on a console and sit down to 'play' for a few. So it'll be game PASS for me. You can blame Kojima for that

Yea im all for a good story but if you give a game over 6 hours and the story is going nowhere its time to bail. 

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea im all for a good story but if you give a game over 6 hours and the story is going nowhere its time to bail. 

That's probably why I push through the difficulty of From Soft games and soulslikes. They let you actually play the game difficulty and all and let you find as much of the story as you want at your own pace and don't force cutscenes every 4 steps like *cough* FF7 Rebirth. But I know that was a really pivotal part of the story.

And HOLY CARP have I grown to hate sections of games where you have to slowly crawl to an objective or inexplicably slow walk because REASONS. NOT for me anymore

• 3 weeks later...

If you've been on the fence about this game and don't own it yet. It seems physical copies have been on sale recently. These deals just finally came to canada so I ordered a copy this morning ($50 Canadian is better than $90 it was going for).

3 hours ago, chakoo said:

If you've been on the fence about this game and don't own it yet. It seems physical copies have been on sale recently. These deals just finally came to canada so I ordered a copy this morning ($50 Canadian is better than $90 it was going for).

This was extremely disappointing to me. Just way too much cutscenes and really no gameplay. That was my opinion after 7-8 hours of giving it time. The series isn't for me.