Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (PC/PlayStation/Xbox) - 1 million units sold since release

Keyser_Soze

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s like paper mario too where you can react to hits, which I Love

Quick question 

Spoiler

Does it pick up after screwing up the date? I'm about to apologize to her about proposing lol.

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I played a few hours of the man who erased his name which had real time combat. I'm digging this turn based combat a lot though. 

Well regardless of what kind of combat you enjoy the point is this feels like Shenmue because it is essentially Shenmue. Nagoshi worked on Shenmue previously and this game sprung up after Yu Suzuki disappeared. :p

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Quick question 

Hide contents

Does it pick up after screwing up the date? I'm about to apologize to her about proposing lol.

Quit worrying about it picking up and play the fucking game lol

12 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Quit worrying about it picking up and play the fucking game lol

Well I'm being patient but it's really slow. Does this actually get exciting or is it all dialogue and story? I just played 2 hours and litteraly not much happened. 

50 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Huh? I'm just stating facts that I've watched one big cutscene in the 2 hours I put into it. I'm just hoping it opens up and actually let's you play. I am going to play more shortly. 

I can’t play until like 7:30 tonight but I’m looking forward to it. See I enjoy games like Persona that have a lot of social links and dialogue. @stepee might have called it when he said I would love it but you wouldn’t. What I meant by eventide all over again was it’s like when people were telling you how good Armored Core 6 was because to them it was good. I hope history won’t repeat itself here with this game. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

24 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I can’t play until like 7:30 tonight but I’m looking forward to it. See I enjoy games like Persona that have a lot of social links and dialogue. @stepee might have called it when he said I would love it but you wouldn’t. What I meant by eventide all over again was it’s like when people were telling you how good Armored Core 6 was because to them it was good. I hope history won’t repeat itself here with this game. 

Oh I see. No, I really like this game. Even the social aspects are really entertaining and interesting. I'm only 2 hours in a 60 hour game so I'm taking a breath and enjoying myself. It's awesome and it being a spiritual successor to Shenmue is a big plus for me. 

I played basically 4 hours today if you count my replay. I love it. I'm about to fire it up soon. Just got done eating dinner so I'm a bit stuffed. 

Why can't you play until later?

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

yeah you gonna love this!

• True 1

The eventide thing doesn't even make sense here. That was about difficulty lol. This is about me liking this style of game. If I played 4 hours today I'm enjoying myself. Saying I don't like it because I've watched 2 hours of cutscenes and calling that out is strange. It's a long game so ill keep giving it time if it's entertaining me. 

I will say don’t skip the side content. It can have some really great moments in those side quests/activities.

LAD is like a fine wine. Sip it. Swish it around your mouth a bit. Take your time. Let your taste buds savor it. By the end, you will be drunk and loving it. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hype 1

1 hour ago, Brian said:

I will say don’t skip the side content. It can have some really great moments in those side quests/activities.

LAD is like a fine wine. Sip it. Swish it around your mouth a bit. Take your time. Let your taste buds savor it. By the end, you will be drunk and loving it. 

You weren't lying about it picking up! 

Spoiler

I infiltrated the clans hideout and it was nonstop action. I loved when he changed his hair and got his bat out lol.

@stepee I'm going to play Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name tonight now that I'm really into this. 

27 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You weren't lying about it picking up! 

Reveal hidden contents

@stepee I'm going to play Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name tonight now that I'm really into this. 

thata boy!

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

About to fire it up as Best says 

Man. I just played almost 2 hours of Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name and the combat is really fun. It's real time. It's really cool to see and hear about locations and gangs that are in Infinite Wealth.

Like I saw two locations in this that are in Infinite Wealth. I saw the homeless people too. 

I think I might actually prefer the turn based combat but it's really close.

@stepee I had to lower the difficulty when I faced the first boss. Then the second boss was even harder. These are phenomenal games.

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Man. I just played almost 2 hours of Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name and the combat is really fun. It's real time. It's really cool to see and hear about locations and gangs that are in Infinite Wealth.

Like I saw two locations in this that are in Infinite Wealth. I saw the homeless people too. 

I think I might actually prefer the turn based combat but it's really close.

@stepee I had to lower the difficulty when I faced the first boss. Then the second boss was even harder. These are phenomenal games.

Is it on GamePass?

22 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Is it on GamePass?

Yes it is. It’s a much shorter game and does a great job as a “get you up to speed” for IW.  It was my GOTY last year though I am a huge fan of the series. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Biggie said:

How does Infinite play and look on the XBSX? For some strange reason it just feels like I should be playing it on that system. I’m weird like that. 

Looks and plays spectacularly. For the other one, there is awesome partical effects in the combat that absolutely pops on the Oled deck. 

8 minutes ago, Brian said:

Yes it is. It’s a much shorter game and does a great job as a “get you up to speed” for IW.  It was my GOTY last year though I am a huge fan of the series. 

Maybe I should play it first?

19 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Maybe I should play it first?

@stepee could answer that better than me. I have played them all. The story in the Man Who Erased His Name has a huge payoff for the OG Yakuza main character and recaps what happened in LAD as you play.  If you play it or not, I do suggest watching a recap of the series.

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

@stepee could answer that better than me. I have played them all. The story in the Man Who Erased His Name has a huge payoff for the OG Yakuza main character and recaps what happened in LAD as you play.  If you play it or not, I do suggest watching a recap of the series.

I really think he should play it first.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Brian said:

7 hours ago, stepee said:

I really think he should play it first.

okay so I checked and The Man Who Erased His Name isn't on GamePass. But Yakuza Like A Dragon Is. That one seems to have the characters from Infinite Wealth on the cover art. Should I play that Yakuza first? I'm so confused. The whole series has so many games. LOL.  I'm talking about this game below.  Or is that a waste of time? I don't want to have to buy The Man Who Erased His Name. Seems like all the characters are in Like A Dragon.

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Weird. Mine says check in Microsoft Store?

Anyway so which is the better one to play before Infinite Wealth? 

I've only played 0, and never finished it, so I can't say what you need to play definitively.

From my understanding The Man Who Erased His Name bridges the gap between Yakuza 6 and Like a Dragon (which is essentially Yakuza 7) or it is Like a Dragon from the perspective of Kiryu.

If you don't know who Kiryu is then I couldn't say if knowing who he is from that game is important. As someone who never played Like a Dragon I would probably say that one is more important to play before Infinite Wealth since it's a direct sequel. Though I guess Kiryu does show up in it, so if you decide to play Like a Dragon and are wondering about him from that game then play The Man Who Erased His Name.

Probably sounds confusing so tl;dr from someone who hasn't played them:

Play Like a Dragon first

play Man who Erased His Name after that if you're interested

then go to Infinite Wealth

• Thanks 1