Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (PC/PlayStation/Xbox) - 1 million units sold since release

Keyser_Soze

Lolololol fuck preloading. Steam saying it has corrupted files. Sets the install back to 97%. Redownloads a small bit and reinstalls to 100% only for it to say corrupted files. Tried a few times again. Same shit. 

Mad The Rock GIF

it took forever to unfuckingpack. Would have been better off downloading on release. At this point, I might be forced to redownload. 
mister rogers middle finger GIF

• Haha 2

My preloading went off without a hitch, though at this point it's about the same whether I unpack or download.

Anyway, game's been fun so far, really liking the fact that you can play your unlocked music anywhere, including the new little podcasts they add. Weird that they don't have subtitles. So you have an English and a Japanese podcast (Not, like, a Japanese podcast and a dubbed podcast, they're completely different podcasts) and if you only speak one language, you can only understand that one.

But they add some life into the world and the English one had a pretty good and unexpected Shenmue joke, really liked it. Combat already feels so much better. I did the combat trial in Man Who Erased His Name, but it was pretty brief and I didn't really dig in much. The ability to reposition freely already helps a lot, but the fact that you can attack enemies from behind, or angle yourself to knock them into other enemies or into allies for follow-ups has been dope. Makes the basic attack that much more interesting!

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (PC/PlayStation/Xbox) - reviews from OpenCritic posted
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth has become the series' most successful launch on Steam over its launch weekend.Infinite …

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth has become the series' most successful launch on Steam over its launch weekend.

Infinite Wealth continues the stories of protagonists Ichiban Kasuga and Kazuma Kiryu as they make their way to Hawaii, and since its release on 26th January has recorded a peak concurrent player count of 46,161 on Steam (recorded by SteamDB at time of writing).

This makes it by the far the biggest Steam launch for Like a Dragon. The next best Steam launch for the series was Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name which peaked at 13,737 during its launch weekend on 11th November.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (PC/PlayStation/Xbox) - biggest Steam launch for the series to date

I finally got this game to work. I had to repair my Steam library folder. I downloaded this game 5-6 times before I got it work. I am done preloading. My internet is faster than the unpacking process.

Game looks and runs great on the ROG Ally.  Laying in bed playing some Yakuza is so good. I’m really happy that PC handhelds have taken off. 

As for the game, I’m early. Yakuza games start slow and take some time to ramp up. It’s nice to see the crew and see how they are getting on. Combat tweaks so far are positive. Being able to position your character adds a little more depth and interaction to a turn based system. I have not unlocked jobs yet so look forward to seeing how it expands. 

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (PC/PlayStation/Xbox) - 1 million units sold since release

I think that Gaiden (on Gamepass) is a good way to get caught up to this story in like 20 hours while playing beat ‘em up Yakuza. It’s not the same as playing everything but it catches you up to the main issue of the moment and you get enough context that the incredibly emotional ending still hits hard and means a lot here.

11 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I went with Japanese  

@Brian did I choose wisely?

I prefer Japanese but people say the English dub isn’t bad. I play in bed next to my wife so I don’t want her to understand when I’m visiting the hostess bar. 
Skating Hey Girl GIF

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, stepee said:

Im playing with english text and dub :( sry purists but I did this for Gaiden too

I had to start over and go with English. All that reading at the bottom of the screen was really taking away from what is a beautiful game. And it was giving me a headache. 

• Hugs 1