Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (PC/PlayStation/Xbox) - 1 million units sold since release

Keyser_Soze

I'm now understanding the concepts of this game. For instance infiltrating a clans base is this games dungeon design. It’s badass and I actually had to use some strategies in staying alive with a boss fight. This game is awesome. 

12 hours ago, Brian said:

@stepee could answer that better than me. I have played them all. The story in the Man Who Erased His Name has a huge payoff for the OG Yakuza main character and recaps what happened in LAD as you play.  If you play it or not, I do suggest watching a recap of the series.

I recommend playing this first, yes!

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

I would just run through man who erased his name imo

If you are choosing between that and LAD, I agree. it’s well-paced, shorter game with a different combat style that shouldn’t burn you out before IW. Having said that, it’s a big commitment. If you don’t have time then just play IW and watch a recap. 

Not sure how the scene hits for those who aren’t invested in the series. 

1 minute ago, Brian said:

If you are choosing between that and LAD, I agree. it’s well-paced, shorter game with a different combat style that shouldn’t burn you out before IW. Having said that, it’s a big commitment. If you don’t have time then just play IW and watch a recap. 

I feel the game did a great job summing everything up actually. That scene hit me damn hard. It goes over the events of 6.  

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

Yea I was thinking this too. I'm playing the man who erased his name and infinite Wealth at the same time. It's no big deal. 

• Hype 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Also the hdr on the deck

HDR wasn't on by default so I'm happy I checked that before playing on the deck. 

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Also I now want to visit Hawaii

I litteraly just got to Hawaii a few minutes ago. Love this game. 

• Like 1

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Surprised you haven't been. Are you sensitive to sulfur?

My buddy was recently in Hawaii and he litteraly burnt his scalp severally. He said he will never go there again lol.

Then my sister went last year and had the time of her life. So there you have it. 

I don’t think there is a need for easy mode. The game gives you plenty of money and a very large inventory of healing items. Just use them in battle more often.  

Also focus on the red upgrades. Those upgrades are most important since it has health, strength and action meter. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian said:

I don’t think there is a need for easy mode. The game gives you plenty of money and a very large inventory of healing items. Just use them in battle more often.  

Ok. I hit yes when they asked if I wanted to lower the difficulty by accident. Then I couldn't change it back until after the boss battles were over. 

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I think I'm enjoying The Man Who Erased His Name more than Infinite Wealth. It has a much better flow to it with really fun combat. Not taking anything away from Infinite Wealth...

The whole series is one big ass confusing mess. Just name them Yakuza 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, etc 

19 minutes ago, Biggie said:

The whole series is one big ass confusing mess. Just name them Yakuza 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, etc 

I think you should play part 8 then. It's damn good and isn't nearly as slow as part 9. It's straight up action nonstop. Its on gamepass. 

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I think you should play part 8 then. It's damn good and isn't nearly as slow as part 9. It's straight up action nonstop. Its on gamepass. 

I just said that’s the problem. I don’t know which one is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.  It’s a convoluted mess. 

I can officially say the man who erased his name is better than what I played of Infinite Wealth. This is fuckin awesome shit. I actually prefer playing these games on the deck so I wish I bought Infinite Wealth on my deck. :(

• Hype 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I can officially say the man who erased his name is better than what I played of Infinite Wealth. This is fuckin awesome shit. I actually prefer playing these games on the deck so I wish I bought Infinite Wealth on my deck. :(

I started Yakuza Like a Dragon off of GamePass tonight and played for 3 hours. Fantastic story so far! Also started downloading The Man Who Erased His Name when I went to bed. I’ll see how that is tomorrow. 

• Hype 1