Trump liable for rape and defamation

Man, the Republicans right now are falling over themselves defending him, except for Romney, who said he’s not suited to ever be President but will definitely vote for him if he’s the nominee because he’s got a spine made of jelly.

• Halal 2

• 2 months later...

I guess it was a different thread where it was discussed that Trump countersued Caroll claiming that the failure to find him guilty at trial about the rape claim proved she was actually liable for claiming it in the first place.

Time to check in on how that is going for him....

A lengthy memorandum, which took into account the two separate lawsuits Carroll had filed against the ex-president, acknowledged that the "only point on which Ms. Carroll did not prevail was whether she had proved that Mr. Trump had 'raped' her within the narrow, technical meaning of a particular section of the New York Penal Law."

"The jury's unanimous verdict in Carroll II was almost entirely in favor of Ms. Carroll," the opinion continued, adding, "The finding that Ms. Carroll failed to prove that she was 'raped' within the meaning of the New York Penal Law does not mean that she failed to prove that Mr. Trump 'raped' her as many people commonly understand the word 'rape.' Indeed, as the evidence at trial recounted below makes clear, the jury found that Mr. Trump in fact did exactly that."

Sooooo.....not great for him.....

On a side note, I had one of those sobering "this is our life now" moments we sometimes have since 2016 while deciding where to post this.

Since this topic has mostly been dormant for a few months I used the search function to go through the CEB to determine what thread this would be best to post in. I tried a couple obvious words to find a relevant thread like Caroll or Trump but got too many miscellaneous results. Then I realized the best keyword to use when wanting to discuss our ex-president was simply "rape".

• Sad 2