Biden admin. officals debating constitutionality of the debt ceiling, update: House passes debt ceiling bill (314-117)

7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Freedom Caucus (JFC how is this a thing) isn't happy and are saying they'll vote against it unless it's amended. 

It isn't only the "Freedom Caucus" that hates it - the "Progressive Caucus" ain't too fond of it either.

In fact, the Freedom Caucus said last night that they would reach out to the Progressive Caucus to establish a right/left opposing front.

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It isn't only the "Freedom Caucus" that hates it - the "Progressive Caucus" ain't too fond of it either.

In fact, the Freedom Caucus said last night that they would reach out the the Progressive Caucus to establish a right/left opposing front.

lolololololololol "Hey guys, we're trying to fuck this to make it even LESS of what you'd approve of, so totes vote against it with us"

• Sicko 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Biden admin. officals debating constitutionality of the debt ceiling, update: House passes debt ceiling bill (314-117)
12 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Just asked McCarthy about this. He said “I never remember that at all” re: promising that bills pass with more Rs than Dems. 

Asked if it’s a problem that more Dems backed the deal, he said: “No, no.”

Said he promised 2/3 of his conference would support, and he delivered.

• Sicko Sherman 1

1685584707666.jpg
WWW.AXIOS.COM

The deal involves securing more funding for projects in Democrats' districts.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) quietly cut a deal for Democrats to vote to advance the bipartisan debt ceiling bill to a final vote, according to four Democratic lawmakers briefed on the matter.

What we’re hearing: The details of the deal have been tightly held, but a source said they expect more details to be made available soon.

• The deal involves boosting federal spending set aside for projects in Democrats’ districts, what’s known as earmarks or “community project funding,” according to two senior lawmakers.
  • One lawmaker said the deal boosts earmarks to Democrats to bring them "closer to parity" with what Republicans receive in such funds in the GOP-led House.

• Hugs 1

I can’t find it now, but I saw a post about one of the freedom caucus dipshits saying the quiet part out loud: apparently they’re furious with McCarthy because they wanted to purposely be unreasonable on the debt ceiling to cause a default and burn the economy down simply to “help” whichever Republican runs against Biden next year. 

21 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I can’t find it now, but I saw a post about one of the freedom caucus dipshits saying the quiet part out loud: apparently they’re furious with McCarthy because they wanted to purposely be unreasonable on the debt ceiling to cause a default and burn the economy down simply to “help” whichever Republican runs against Biden next year. 

Here it is, I can only find the clip on Twitter so I’m putting it in spoiler tags. They think passing the debt ceiling “knee caps” the Republican nominee 

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Here it is, I can only find the clip on Twitter so I’m putting it in spoiler tags. They think passing the debt ceiling “knee caps” the Republican nominee 

Hide contents

You misunderstood. It isn’t that they wanted a default, they didn’t want a two year deal, they wanted it to come up again in the middle of the election.

13 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You misunderstood. It isn’t that they wanted a default, they didn’t want a two year deal, they wanted it to come up again in the middle of the election.

“how can we ever win without the threat of a default?”

Better?

647ce2dfa52c4b001936903b?width=1200&form
    WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado failed to vote on a major bill that raised the federal debt ceiling, something she exuberantly opposed.

• Sicko 1