SCOTUS unanimously comes out in support of their eventual deaths by hanging during a revolutionary purge

supreme-court-justices-file-ap-jef-23042
ABCNEWS.GO.COM

All nine Supreme Court justices, in a rare move, signed a joint statement rebutting proposals for independent ethics oversight, mandatory rules and greater transparency

Oh sorry, I meant that they agree to voluntarily follow ethical rules, and need no oversight.

All nine justices, in a rare step, on Tuesday released a joint statement reaffirming their voluntary adherence to a general code of conduct but rebutting proposals for independent oversight, mandatory compliance with ethics rules and greater transparency in cases of recusal.

• Guillotine 2

11 hours ago, finaljedi said:

Why bother whining in interviews about people thinking the court has lost credibility when you do stuff like this?

0feb2eee4d058d1da54e71c893b8fbe0.jpg
JEZEBEL.COM

"We are being hammered daily, and I think quite unfairly in some of these instances," the justice complained to the Wall Street Journal amid ethics scandals.

• Haha 2
  • Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

0feb2eee4d058d1da54e71c893b8fbe0.jpg
JEZEBEL.COM

"We are being hammered daily, and I think quite unfairly in some of these instances," the justice complained to the Wall Street Journal amid ethics scandals.

They sound just like those guys we all know who say stuff like "you know who the real group that is discriminated against the most? White men."

• True 2
  • Halal 1

7 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

They sound just like those guys we all know who say stuff like "you know who the real group that is discriminated against the most? White men."

It's kinda sad that a African American man, a Hispanic woman, and a Jewish woman are also sounding like this.

5 hours ago, TyphoidHater said:

It's kinda sad that a African American man, a Hispanic woman, and a Jewish woman are also sounding like this.

Well we all know that the REAL color of supremacy in this country is GREEN. Racism, Homophobia, Mysogyny, Xenophobia and Religious Discrimination are all tools the powers that be use to keep the under-folk in line and at each others throats. The problem is middle class and poor whites seem to think they're in on it. They're getting fucked just like everybody else but they get the benefit of a little sweet talk to make them feel good.

• True 5

In all seriousness, Judges are not used to any oversight on ANY level so it's no surprise that the Judges of the highest court in the land don't want any. I have heard some stories from my dad regarding judges that folks wouldn't believe if you put it in a TV show. Besides the REALLY egregious offenders, Judges are pretty much above the law in this country and enjoy that fact.