Dune: Part Two (01 March 2024) - Official Trailer #3

5 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Still gotta watch my copy. Might be able to do that this week because I’ve got gout (fuck is it painful) Anyways some news to share

Screenshot-2023-06-30-at-9.37.54-AM.png?
WWW.COMINGSOON.NET

Director Denis Villeneuve is planning on making Dune 3, turning the Dune movies into an epic science fiction movie trilogy.

Villeneuve has previously said that he does want to film "Dune Messiah" in order to complete the cycle of Paul's story, but the film hasn't actually been greenlit yet.

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dune: Part Two - release postponed to 15 March 2024

Vive la proletariat and all but that objectively sucks.

I find it weird that between COVID and the strikes, almost every new movie you see was filmed like 3 years ago. There was that new Jim Caviezel movie that was made into being some kind of qanon thing, when in reality, that movie was filmed before qanon existed.

12 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I think they’re just delaying it because with the strike there’s no one to actually promote it. 

Correct - this film ABSOLUTELY NEEDS Zendaya to promote it to her 184 million Instagram followers.  It would be financially suicidal for WBD/Legendary Pictures to forgo that in favor of sticking to the original release date.

40 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I think they’re just delaying it because with the strike there’s no one to actually promote it. 

I get that but they’ve been promoting the movie for 7 months and will have to restart the same promotional push again leading up to March. That’s a lot of money to spend on promotion. They are also giving up a six week IMAX run by moving it to next year.

I forgot Zendaya was in this one because she was barely in pt 1 so I agree that her promoting the movie would be an important asset. I guess there’s no easy way out of this.

• 2 months later...
VARIETY.COM

Denis Villeneuve's second "Dune" movie is getting pushed up to the start of March 2024.

Denis Villeneuve‘s “Dune: Part Two” is moving around the release calendar once again, although this time it’s being pushed up. Warner Bros. and Legendary confirm the space epic sequel will open nationwide on March 1. The new date is two weeks earlier than the March 15 date Warner Bros. set in August when it moved “Dune: Part Two” out of 2023 amid the strikes. The sequel was originally set to open on November 3.

• Like 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update (11/17) - Dune: Part Two - The Sleeper shall awaken on 01 March 2024
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dune: Part Two (01 March 2024) - Official Trailer #3