EA delisting Battlefield Bad Company 1&2, 1943

crispy4000

bf-sunsetfeature2.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.102
WWW.EA.COM

An update on the future of Battlefield 1943, Bad Company, Bad Company 2 and Mirror’s Edge.

As we close in on 15 years since the release of Battlefield 1943, and Bad Company™ 1 & 2 and Mirror’s Edge, we are announcing that their journey is coming to an end.

Starting April 28 2023, Battlefield 1943, Battlefield: Bad Company 1 & 2 and Mirror’s Edge will be removed from digital storefronts and you will no longer be able to purchase them. This is in preparation for the retirement of the online services for these titles which will happen on December 8 2023. For Bad Company 1 & 2 and Mirror’s Edge, you can still continue playing them and use their respective offline features, such as the single player campaign. You can also read our FAQ and Service Updates for further information on the retirement of online services.

• crispy4000 changed the title to EA delisting Battlefield Bad Company 1&2, 1943

Never played a Bad Company game on PC. Didn't have one when they were relevant. I had been hoping for an honest BFBC3 to come out for some time, but this kills any chance of that happening in my mind. I could see a remake of the first two games. Maybe a bundle-type deal, if they were to ever make BFBC3 but I don't think any of those would be a proper Bad Company game. 100% they would be just another Battlefield game and I don't like BF. BF3 felt like Bad Company but with all the fun removed. Never got a BF game after that, always hoping for a proper Bad Company game to come out.

2crhuAm.png

On 3/21/2023 at 6:40 PM, XxEvil AshxX said:

They don't want us to remember what a good Battlefield looks like.

As a fanatic of BF2. Bad Company was a step back. 

God I really shouldn't have fallen for the EA hating of the era and picked up 2042. Last PC exclusive battlefield game. 

Ok so not playing Battlefield 2042 and never getting into Metroid and Castlevanias are my 2 biggest regrets of my childhood.

Also I should have bought Megaman and Megaman X. I knew they were amazing but never bought a copy for myself.

5 hours ago, Bacon said:

I was unaware. Kinda makes sense why the first game is basically never talked about.

Also because it wasn't very good. It was alright, and I think it introduced Gold Rush Mode, which turned into Rush. But it was basically an experiment to see what they could do on consoles (even though they did Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, which was terrible).

When they came out with Bad Company 2 everybody pretty much forgot the first one existed, because it improved on the first in pretty much every way.