I feel like I'm at a crossroad

SuperSpreader

7 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Rage quit or quiet quit? 

I think the smart move is quiet quit and find a new gig. The next 45 min will determine my path (and if I go build that PC.)

Quiet quit and find a new job but don’t tell them about the new job until the day before to make them struggle with the transition.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

21 minutes ago, Brian said:

Channel 9 Australia GIF by The Block

I left my job after 15 years because I was tired of the excuses why my title and pay was not the same as my peers. They posted my old job at the pay and title I was asking for.  Fuck companies and management. 

Here it's a bunch of people who can't do any of the actual work making bad decisions together and I have to either go down a bad path and crunch later or spend a lot of energy fighting them to just go on the right path. They're all on a call right now to figure out the plan (even though I already outlined the best plan.) If this plan is stupid I'm not even gonna argue. I'm tired of being angry and fighting them on dumb ass shit.

Like we have 2 managers, 2 execs, 4 directors for 1 guy doing the work. I'm a +1 director on top of the 4 but end up in the trenches because these idiots overload the different departments with dumb shit. Then I'm busy solving and they get to be directors together. I'm tired. 

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Isn’t that quiet quit?

Quiet quitting just doing your job as a soulless husk that can't be bothered with the 'vision' or 'disrupting your sleeping patterns' for the sake a legally human homunculus known as the corp.

• True 1

2 hours ago, Brian said:

I left my job after 15 years because I was tired of the excuses why my title and pay was not the same as my peers. They posted my old job at the pay and title I was asking for.  Fuck companies and management. 

For me it was that they would rather pay 2 or 3 people each the amount I was making rather than pay me a little more.

Hard to take the idea of a meritocracy seriously when you see such blatant examples of bad decision making based on pettiness and ego. By the end it almost felt like I was begging THEM to help me help them run their business better....