Patreon Subscribers - Whose Content Do You Pay For?

SoberChef

Mostly comic artists and YouTubers. Let me see...

T1J, a YouTuber

Soya S Holm, a comic artist

Madamka, another comic artist

Josh Ulric, another comic artist

Tim Sidell, another comic artist

Color-LES, another comic artist

Project Farm, a YouTuber

Jeph Jacques, another comic artist

Just now, TheLeon said:

Based on what? It’s a show I love, they’ve given me countless hours of free entertainment over the years, so I kick them a few bucks a month to support them and get additional episodes. 

I'm sorry you missed my stupid sarcasm. $5 a month is absolutely nothing. 😆 

Enjoy!

40 minutes ago, Bjomesphat said:

Wait, like Kevin Barnes of Montreal?

yeah he releases albums early to members, alternate takes, demos, some super early stuff even, does some recording program walkthroughs etc

wait to be clear, I mean I donate to Kevin and to the alt store guy, not that he develops alt store :P

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

yeah he releases albums early to members, alternate takes, demos, some super early stuff even, does some recording program walkthroughs etc

wait to be clear, I mean I donate to Kevin and to the alt store guy, not that he develops alt store :P

Ah cool. Didn't know he was doing a Patreon. Considering the amount of content he produces, it makes sense.

And I had been an of Montreal superfan since I was a teen, but man, I fell off of them hard like 10 years ago. I still hold on that they're going to come back with a total banger, but I just get let down with every release. Ur Fun is probably the only recent release that gets regularly rotated with their earlier stuff. So is there anything good in the pipeline? Freewave Lucifer is something else and just didn't vibe with me at all.

1 hour ago, Bjomesphat said:

Ah cool. Didn't know he was doing a Patreon. Considering the amount of content he produces, it makes sense.

And I had been an of Montreal superfan since I was a teen, but man, I fell off of them hard like 10 years ago. I still hold on that they're going to come back with a total banger, but I just get let down with every release. Ur Fun is probably the only recent release that gets regularly rotated with their earlier stuff. So is there anything good in the pipeline? Freewave Lucifer is something else and just didn't vibe with me at all.

I was about to say wait but Lousy was amazing but holy shit that was 10 years ago. Ouch.

I like some of i feel safe with you trash, you could probably edit it to a solid album I feel. 

But yeah i thought Ur fun was getting back to what I love and was hoping it was going to head more towards just..regularish songs with amazing melodies. 

So uh, the answer is not really but also it’s Kevin so who knows what’s next, there could easily be an amazing album out of nowhere that’s a total gear shift.

I actually haven’t listened to lucifer yet because I’ve been in a heavy song writing phase and that makes me not listen to other music that sounds disappointing. I’m assuming it’s like the worst excesses of stalks and trash?

But yeah they are still my favorite band and always will be Im sure. I’ve been a fan since before the electronic shift and it was a wild ride to see them live going from a club with like maybe 30 people there to Janelle Monae opening for THEM. Though I still feel that they could have been bigger if he didn’t lean so hard into the more abstract excesses. It’s like he would almost have written a hit then intentionally made it not bad, but so that it couldn’t be a radio hit. But I do respect him sticking with what he wants to do.

I did get to meet him the first time and had him sign my shirt and I got to thank him for playing my favorite at the time “I was watching your eyes” - I’m sooo glad I got to see them back then and hear a bunch of songs from that period live since he never went back.

But yeah, he’s released so many albums that I love already it doesn’t matter if there are more classics left in him as far as them being my favorite band, but of course I still hold out for another Gay Parade or Skeletal Lamping!

• Nokra changed the title to Patreon Subscribers - Whose Content Do You Pay For?
On 1/12/2023 at 2:37 PM, stepee said:

But yeah they are still my favorite band and always will be Im sure. I’ve been a fan since before the electronic shift and it was a wild ride to see them live going from a club with like maybe 30 people there to Janelle Monae opening for THEM. Though I still feel that they could have been bigger if he didn’t lean so hard into the more abstract excesses. It’s like he would almost have written a hit then intentionally made it not bad, but so that it couldn’t be a radio hit. But I do respect him sticking with what he wants to do.

I did get to meet him the first time and had him sign my shirt and I got to thank him for playing my favorite at the time “I was watching your eyes” - I’m sooo glad I got to see them back then and hear a bunch of songs from that period live since he never went back.

But yeah, he’s released so many albums that I love already it doesn’t matter if there are more classics left in him as far as them being my favorite band, but of course I still hold out for another Gay Parade or Skeletal Lamping!

Yeah I thought for sure False Priest was his pivot to the mainstream, but then took a hard turn in the next few albums.

But anyway, hopefully his new fixation is just a phase. And who knows, maybe I’ll come around to the deconstructed EDM pop he’s been playing around with. When Sunlandic Twins came out, I was staunchly in the camp of him jumping the shark and wanted him to go back to his twee roots, but after giving it a chance I fell in love with it and it became a precursor to what would become my favorite album in Hissing Fauna.