What are the worst things you had to deal with at work?

Remarkableriots

Easily the worst has been the continual fallout of mental distress to one of my employees who was attacked at work and ended up shooting and killing the man who was trying to beat her with a metal baseball bat 

Its a multi-way tie with the following parties:

* Local building code officals

* The Provoste

* 100 scientists, each a touch more correct than the last

* Local media

* State and federal officals

* My contractor

* Engineers 

* "Visual" Architects

* My management

* DEC

* UACE

* Time itself, so Kronos I guess?

* Money

• Like 1

Mostly just idiot customers. I work on A/V equipment that runs from local news broadcast to Netflix, Fox ,CNN to film studio equipment. Its very expensive and it tends to be very fragile. People treat the equipment like shit and then get mad when a they get a bill for 20k for 2 hours of work. Had a film crew run a 30k camera into a windshield while filming a stunt, then get mad when the unit is unrepairable. I have had television studios send in a unit for repair, I fix it, they return it saying it wasnt fixed and raise hell. We track the equipment when it comes in, we could tell they switched the outer casing of the fixed unit with another broken one so they could get both for free. 

We also have a form the customer fills out telling us what happened to unit. The response range from "dont know,dont work" to a "meth head kicked our camera" to "Fat kid fell on camera man"

This feels like a therapy session. Random events through the many years and jobs.

*drive-thru line-up stretch out onto the road and I was left alone along with front counter. My co-worker didn’t listen/stay an extra 30min before taking his 15min break. Always busy during that period of time and wouldn’t fucking listen. Actually had a nightmare one night and found myself, arms stretched, taking orders in my semi sleep that night.

*projection booth flooding on me

*great east coast power outage. Had all 35mm films, 12 plex, had to cut, take apart, and gentle place films back in centre of the film and do this by hand 

*car broken into, took nothing, $300 later

*had to speak with a lawyer over a lady slipping on ice and cracking her skull open on the front steps. Some 5hrs after my shift was done and no one had been assigned to take to take over shovelling/salting. (I was cleared) 

*paint store had no barcode scanner and didn’t use the barcodes for actual register. Guy was an asshole and store has folded since

*rear ended in parking lot $3k damage

*rear ended at 60km/h waiting to turn, $11k damage, had to go to court cause she was charged under the highway act. So I had to miss work, half day waiting pulled aside and told they were just going to make a deal with her. So I wasn’t needed

*flying piece of wood smashed windshield 2hrs from home, and car was just 2 months off the lot. Another $350 or something later

*flat tire on highway going to work

*fucking my wrist lifting product at work. Permanent injury that pop a tendon and caused the ligament to dangle freely. Felt like I was breaking my wrist/arm for 3 years at random times

*being let go from job because of injury and injury keeps me away from lots of good paying jobs because of mobility and lifting restrictions

*pay being withheld with job promotion and fired for questioning why to district manager. Apparently having a key to open/close the store, count down cash, deal with refunds, help with monthly stock counts, and having a key to access pot stock room didn’t mean anything. Only managers and my new title “key holder” had that responsibility. Entire store staff, including managers, all quit with 2 months

I know I’m missing shit. . . maybe a good thing

• Hugs 1

I had one drunk customer go berserk before he even came into the store. He tried shoving the doors inward the wrong way before flinging them open. He started grabbing displays on the counter and tossing them across the store. He demanded the phone and tossed it after screaming at his friend. The friend had left him at the bar down the street. He dumped my mop bucket all over the floor. He eventually left, and I called the cops. Multiple people already had done so because he was tossing rocks at cars beforehand, which is what the dispatcher told me. They arrested him in the parking lot.