Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden | ARPG for PC/PS5/Xbox Series | Developed by DONTNOD - reviews from OpenCritic posted

Keyser_Soze

@skillzdadirecta @stepee

@Mr.Vic20

Whoa, whoa here. I absolutely think we have the surprise hit of the year with this. 

The best way I can sum it up is its a true next gen AA game right on the finger tips of a AAA game.

It immediately hooks you in with the characters and story telling with phenomenal voice acting and dialogue.

The atmosphere is fuckin immersive right off that bat. The combat as it is in the beginning is very similar to GOW even with the same button layout. It starts out basic but I read it really advances and fleshes out so I'm looking forward to that.

The graphics are beautiful even though the lip syncing is really off. The voice acting and dialogue are so good I completely forgive this here.

The emotions hit me about an hour in with its beautiful music and presentation. It got me thinking about losing my twin brother and how I would handled a scenario. It's all beautifully done with great production values. 

I played two hours and was forced to quit for real life stuff but this game took me by surprise big time! I was expecting a AA game with average everything and I'm taken away with it package.

Anyone who enjoys story driven games with great presentation and good gamplay, buy this on PC for $50 or $60 on console. 

Support this team in what they brought here. I'm really looking forward to diving back in this afternoon. 

It's like GOW meets the Witcher here. 

• Halal 3
  • Hype 1

The first 3 hours is basically a tutorial. You only start unlocking abilities 2 hours in. The game has more depth than I thought. What really drives this for me is the story and dialogue. The gameplay is basically GOW but not as polished. The enemies haven't changed up but I'm having a blast. Very happy I bought this. I'm 5 hours in now and it keeps getting more interesting. 

• Halal 1

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

@skillzdadirecta @stepee

@Mr.Vic20

Whoa, whoa here. I absolutely think we have the surprise hit of the year with this. 

The best way I can sum it up is its a true next gen AA game right on the finger tips of a AAA game.

It immediately hooks you in with the characters and story telling with phenomenal voice acting and dialogue.

The atmosphere is fuckin immersive right off that bat. The combat as it is in the beginning is very similar to GOW even with the same button layout. It starts out basic but I read it really advances and fleshes out so I'm looking forward to that.

The graphics are beautiful even though the lip syncing is really off. The voice acting and dialogue are so good I completely forgive this here.

The emotions hit me about an hour in with its beautiful music and presentation. It got me thinking about losing my twin brother and how I would handled a scenario. It's all beautifully done with great production values. 

I played two hours and was forced to quit for real life stuff but this game took me by surprise big time! I was expecting a AA game with average everything and I'm taken away with it package.

Anyone who enjoys story driven games with great presentation and good gamplay, buy this on PC for $50 or $60 on console. 

Support this team in what they brought here. I'm really looking forward to diving back in this afternoon. 

It's like GOW meets the Witcher here. 

no

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

I look forward to playing this when I get a PS5.

Unfortunately it's not always a female protagonist when playing. You are a husband and wife and so far the majority of the gameplay is with the guy. It could change up though. 

Ok, I've put enough time into this to confidently say this is a great game. I'm now coming around to making really tough decisions that actually impact the games narrative. Especially changing how the ending will play out. 

I made an extremely selfish decision today that I kinda feel bad about. I never seen a game do that to me. I've ran into new enemies today, too. 

I know you guys hate scores but if I had to score this after 7 hours, I'd give it a REALLY solid 8.5. 

• Hype 1

I got this last night though I’m gonna beat Suicide Squad first. I just went through setting it up and seeing how it runs on deck and pc. UE5 continues to impress me on deck - I didn’t expect it to run pretty well at 40fps with a few things like textures and post bumped to medium. Using TAA at like 70%. FSR seems super fizzly in UE5.

Im really starting to wonder if UE5 has some issue with hdr with some of its features or something. Jusant supports hdr so it’s possible but almost every other UE5 game I’ve tried does not. Autohdr also does not work here and the game seems like it could really use hdr. Special K crashed when trying to inject it but I saw some additional steps I hope work that I’ll try later today.

Other than that strong narrative start, great visuals, and the combat is MUCH stronger than Vampyr from the brief bit I played. Looking forward to diving in after SS!

• Hype 1

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm about to fire this up on deck. I prefer playing games in bed now and rather not play a console. I never thought this would happen but now I'm juggling 3 games on my deck. 

You rebought it?! 

Did your parents ever get the cable company changed? You really could use some ps5 remote streaming so you can do both. 

Just now, stepee said:

You rebought it?! 

Did your parents ever get the cable company changed? You really could use some ps5 remote streaming so you can do both. 

Yes I rebought it lol. No, my connection speed has been wonderful out of nowhere so I'm not concerned about the new company that we will be getting soon. 

I am paying my parents back so I didn't care I bought this twice. I want to be comfortable playing my games and enjoy myself. It's absolutely worth it for me. 

57 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@stepee For instance i started downloading Banishers 5 min ago and 34gb is already downloaded. It's good.

I still have no confidence in streaming ps5 games though. 

Just do what I did and get a 50ft ethernet cord and go from the modem direct to the deck. It’ll be flawless!

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Yes I rebought it lol. No, my connection speed has been wonderful out of nowhere so I'm not concerned about the new company that we will be getting soon. 

I am paying my parents back so I didn't care I bought this twice. I want to be comfortable playing my games and enjoy myself. It's absolutely worth it for me. 

Hey you are supporting one of my fav devs so that’s good :P

• Hype 1

This had fallen completely off my radar! Picked it up via GMG. Installing now! Not sure if I'll have time to play it at the moment... (Granblue Relink, Persona 3 Reload, Islands of Insight, Helldivers 2, Tomb Raider remasters, Nayuta, Apollo Justice, Infinite Wealth, Gylt, Crisis Core before Rebirth, Star Ocean 2nd Story, Cocoon, etc etc LET ME BREATHE JESUS) but I'll check it out ASAP. Atmosphere seems great!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

This had fallen completely off my radar! Picked it up via GMG. Installing now! Not sure if I'll have time to play it at the moment... (Granblue Relink, Persona 3 Reload, Islands of Insight, Helldivers 2, Tomb Raider remasters, Nayuta, Apollo Justice, Infinite Wealth, Gylt, Crisis Core before Rebirth, Star Ocean 2nd Story, Cocoon, etc etc LET ME BREATHE JESUS) but I'll check it out ASAP. Atmosphere seems great!

The atmosphere is incredible in this game. Really immersive with beautiful visuals and sound effects. 

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Just do what I did and get a 50ft ethernet cord and go from the modem direct to the deck. It’ll be flawless!

I would need to drill a hole from my garage to the basement. It's way too much work for not to much fun. :p