Remnant II (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - update (04/18): "Invoker Archetype" reveal trailer

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

We just got through something called The Chimney last night. It was actually kind of a cheese, though. He died early and I was going a pretty good job of getting down to the bottom dodge-rolling past everything, but I died right as the crystal was hitting the bottom and when we respawned it sayed the quest was completed. So we just walked to the bottom and collected our reward lol.

I'll take anything I can get in this game. 

God, I remember that dungeon. There’s a couple spots where you can jump all the way to bottom and survive. 

there’s a hidden Aberration in Losomn, that you need a specific area roll. There are a couple of ways to cheese this guy. He follows you all over the place, but if you keep running up flights of stairs he eventually stops climbing the stairs. He usually has a modifier to cast lighting so you still have to watch for that and dodge, but you can get a bunch of free shots. There’s also a cave with calcified growths you can get to and climb into a place he can’t get to. For either scenario if you have the engineer archetype you never have to worry about ammo. 

that’s probably the cheesiest I’ve ever got to happen or found in the game. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I refuse to play it because  @skillzdadirecta said it's very difficult. I suck so bad at games these days that I refuse to play it. I got caught buying Armored Core 6 and regretted it badly. 

It's not bad tho, honestly... As someone who plays the hell out of Souls games and finished them all, I find remnant 2 to be alot easier in general but that's just me. Amazing game tho. 

• True 1

34 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I refuse to play it because  @skillzdadirecta said it's very difficult. I suck so bad at games these days that I refuse to play it. I got caught buying Armored Core 6 and regretted it badly. 

to be fair Remnant 2 is on game pass. So there is a low risk option to trying it. Like a souls game this is a game where you have to expect to die. …and die a lot. Unlike a souls game it isn’t so punishing that you drop stuff when you die. You never have to play the game on anything harder than the easiest difficulty. There’s some rewards for beating the game on the higher difficulties, but they aren’t necessary. As you play you’ll level up classes you’re using, getting stronger, earning fraught points to get stronger, and currency to level up weapons to get stronger. It is a game that starts off challenging, but gets easier the more play and do. Eventually you’ve found so many items, and gotten so strong that you’re able to melt bosses on the Survivor difficulty, the easy difficulty. 

Make your first class the Handler. You get a dog that can pick you up as if you’re playing coop, it attacks enemies too, and it has skills that gives you buffs. It’s a good well rounded class for solo play. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

to be fair Remnant 2 is on game pass. So there is a low risk option to trying it. Like a souls game this is a game where you have to expect to die. …and die a lot. Unlike a souls game it isn’t so punishing that you drop stuff when you die. You never have to play the game on anything harder than the easiest difficulty. There’s some rewards for beating the game on the higher difficulties, but they aren’t necessary. As you play you’ll level up classes you’re using, getting stronger, earning fraught points to get stronger, and currency to level up weapons to get stronger. It is a game that starts off challenging, but gets easier the more play and do. Eventually you’ve found so many items, and gotten so strong that you’re able to melt bosses on the Survivor difficulty, the easy difficulty. 

Make your first class the Handler. You get a dog that can pick you up as if you’re playing coop, it attacks enemies too, and it has skills that gives you buffs. It’s a good well rounded class for solo play. 

Yea handler was how I started as well, awesome class... Came in clutch many times. 

The world that they created and how it changes so often is really unique and incredible, as I said wasn't on my radar but man turned out to be one of the best games last year amongst so many others 

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's not bad tho, honestly... As someone who plays the hell out of Souls games and finished them all, I find remnant 2 to be alot easier in general but that's just me. Amazing game tho. 

He will play it, be bad at it and put you on his permanent shit list.

Don't do it Best, play pokemon instead, very much your speed!

• True 1

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He will play it, be bad at it and put you on his permanent shit list.

Don't do it Best, play pokemon instead, very much your speed!

I can't play Pokémon because my Switch doesn't work in dock mode. I tried Remnant 2 on gamepass but it didn't hook me. Maybe I'll give it another shot since it's not as difficult as I imagined. 

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

I can't play Pokémon because my Switch doesn't work in dock mode. I tried Remnant 2 on gamepass but it didn't hook me. Maybe I'll give it another shot since it's not as difficult as I imagined. 

I said it was tough and based on what I know about you and difficult games, I didn't think you would like it but you should always make up your own mind regardless of what I or anyone else says. You said you tried it and it didn't hook you so why keep trying to force yourself to like a game you're not into? There's PLENTY of games out there... play what you like and forget what everyone else is saying or talking about. Don't let me or anybody else keep you from playing a game or talk you into playing one. I LOVE the Remnant series and I played this one mostly solo on the next to hardest difficulty. I've heard you say many times that you're not that good at games and this game is NOT easy. No it's not as punishing as other Souls likes, but it's NOT easy. Some of these bosses are a bitch. Let me ask you this, do you enjoy dying a lot? Because if you play solo, you're going to die... a lot. And the game is a rogue like to boot so the levels change so guides aren't really going to help you much. If you have someone to play with it will be a little easier but I do believe the game scales depending on how many people are playing. I can't speak to how challenging it is on the easiest difficulty so I don't know... Didn't people tell you Armored Core wasn;t that hard too only for you to buy it and realize it wasn't for you? Again try it and make up your own mind, but don't think for a second this game is easy on normal and abovew difficulties. It absolutely isn't.

• Thanks 1

I dunno I guess I just didn't find it that hard, if souls is 100% I'd put remnant 2 at about 60% of a souls game difficulty. But I agree there's no reason to force it however some of my favorite genres came about by going out of my comfort zone. 

Like when demons souls first dropped, at first I was not instantly a fan... But it finally landed for me and souls games have become my favorite type of game easily. 

But yea I mean I think you're gonna always get different opinions on difficulty. 

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

I dunno I guess I just didn't find it that hard, if souls is 100% I'd put remnant 2 at about 60% of a souls game difficulty. But I agree there's no reason to force it however some of my favorite genres came about by going out of my comfort zone. 

Like when demons souls first dropped, at first I was not instantly a fan... But it finally landed for me and souls games have become my favorite type of game easily. 

But yea I mean I think you're gonna always get different opinions on difficulty. 

The thing is, what you and I may or may not consider to be "hard" is different for other people. Based on his posts, some of us have a pretty good idea what @best3444's tolerence is for games. Like I asked him would he like dying a lot because I know he probably wouldn'tand you definitely will die a lot in this game regardless of your own skill level. That's not even factoring in the rogue like aspects of game's level design or the randomness of the bosses. He's free to chose for himself, but based on his post history, I doubt he'd play this game and stick with it much less enjoy it.

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The thing is, what you and I may or may not consider to be "hard" is different for other people. Based on his posts, some of us have a pretty good idea what @best3444's tolerence is for games. Like I asked him would he like dying a lot because I know he probably wouldn'tand you definitely will die a lot in this game regardless of your own skill level. That's not even factoring in the rogue like aspects of game's level design or the randomness of the bosses. He's free to chose for himself, but based on his post history, I doubt he'd play this game and stick with it much less enjoy it.

Yea you'd Def know his style more than me for sure, I hear ya. I was just basing off my experience is all really. 👍

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, stepee said:

Ok there i killed the fucking bloat king

Congrats! he’s a bit of a pain in the ass. My friends and I fought it again last night playing on Apocalypse. Trying to mop up any remaining rings or amulets left to find that require specific events to roll. My character is a bit of a glass cannon, but does enough damage that it pretty much focused on me the entire time. Nothing like your first time though. Getting knocked off all the time. Having to climb a ladder while getting shot. So annoying. 

• Hype 1

4 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Congrats! he’s a bit of a pain in the ass. My friends and I fought it again last night playing on Apocalypse. Trying to mop up any remaining rings or amulets left to find that require specific events to roll. My character is a bit of a glass cannon, but does enough damage that it pretty much focused on me the entire time. Nothing like your first time though. Getting knocked off all the time. Having to climb a ladder while getting shot. So annoying. 

Yep that was the thing - it’s so hard to try to roll and dodge away from his shots because you see likely to just roll off the ledge and his shots also push you back. And then I panic down below and keep missing the ladder lol. When you are able to actually attack him, it seems like his attacks did the least damage so I just would take the shot and then nudge my character back to the middle and keep shooting.

• 4 weeks later...

In this upcoming DLC for REMNANT II, players will piece together the forgotten history of the lost tribe of Yaesha as they attempt to quell the vengeful wrath of an ancient stone spirit called Lydusa.  Navigate the lingering traces of torment, treachery, and death that haunt the land's once proud ziggurats, as Lydusa's living stones wander the crumbling remnants of an ancient civilization in search of fresh blood. In a brand-new storyline, players must uncover the secrets of the lost tribe by exploring a mysterious new area within the world of Yaesha. In this strange new location, players will traverse new dungeons, acquire powerful gear—including a new Archetype, “The Invoker"— meet unexpected allies, and face new threats in their quest to return some semblance peace to the forgotten kingdom.

Features:

• New Storyline, Dungeons, and Area Based in the World of Yaesha: Delve deeper into the biome of Yaesha and experience a brand-new storyline where players will unravel the mystery of Yaesha's lost tribe and a vengeful stone spirit called Lydusa, and her living stone constructs.
  • New Archetype - The Invoker: Drawing strength from the Nature Spirits of Yaesha, this new Archetype can harness the mystic power of the jungle. More details on the Archetype will be revealed in a new Archetype Reveal Trailer next week!
  • Many Items and Powerful Weapons that Enhance Gameplay: Outfit the wanderer to survive this more deadly version of the world of Yaesha by choosing from a host of new weapons and modifications, along with new items, like amulets and rings.
  • New Bosses, Characters and Fearsome Creatures to Encounter: Mysterious threats and survivors, of unknown origin, emerge from the crumbling remnants of the forgotten civilization of Yaesha bringing new challenges for all players.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Remnant II (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - update (04/11): "The Forgotten Kingdom" DLC announcement trailer

The trailer for the previous DLC that I neglected to post :p

The One True King has awakened and is out for blood. Corrupted by the Root during his near-death slumber, the mad king sees betrayal at every turn and is on a rampage of revenge. Since his castle first arrived in a Dran coastal town, the tides are angry and the weather is chaotic, surfacing all manner of creatures from the depths and leaving many mysteries in its wake.

Features:

• New Storyline, Dungeons, and Area in the World of Losomn: Delve deeper into the mysterious realm of Losomn, and uncover the harrowing narrative of the One True King, whose mind has been tainted by the Root's corruption, driving him to seek revenge against those who oppose him.
  • Introducing The Ritualist Archetype: This new character archetype excels at utilizing status effects to torment their foes. Further details about this enigmatic figure will be unveiled as the DLC's launch date draws near.
  • A Wealth of Items and Powerful Weapons: Equip your survivor with a wide array of new weapons, modifications, amulets, and rings, essential for survival in the perilous, redesigned Losomn.
  • New Bosses, Characters, and Fearsome Creatures: The ocean depths yield mysterious threats and survivors of unknown origin, adding new layers of challenge for players as they traverse the chaos-ridden streets.
  • Haha 1

Woah 4/23 release date? Damn, practically springing it on us. lol 

supposedly we are getting the third DLC by the game’s 1 year anniversary, but I don’t know., that’s only 3 months away. Maybe. 

Looking forward to jumping back into this with the boys. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Remnant II (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - update (04/18): "Invoker Archetype" reveal trailer

We haven’t found the new archetype yet, but so far the DLC seems pretty good. Quite a few changes since we last played. Some new visual effects in the game …or maybe fixing bugs that prevented them from happening before. Some rebalancing. Firestorm mod no longer seems to have as strong a vortex effect. It used to keep all but bosses from moving, including your party members. It could even pull them off a world stone. lol

The game didn’t feel any harder on Apocalypse … at least not until our first boss encounter. There we would finally feel the reduced damage reduction. I hope we get more mobile bosses in this DLC. I find them more interesting than ones where just stand in place and just pump damage into until it dies, with just a little dodging in place. 

I think we bugged out an aberration in a dungeon call the Emissary. I don’t think it knew how to target us properly and pretty much just let us beat on it while it slowly moved around.