Minnesota will legalize weed now that Democrats control the legislature

I was really disappointed with the results for marijuana legalization this election. Missouri was the only real consequential win. South Dakota failed after winning 2 years earlier and Arkansas was way off. They need to try again in 2024. A sweep would have sent a strong message to republicans. 

It was neat to see some local action in Texas, the board’s favorite state to talk about! 

Marijuana%20Plastic%20Bag%20IS%20TT.jpg
WWW.TEXASTRIBUNE.ORG

Voters in Denton, San Marcos, Killeen, Elgin and Harker Heights overwhelmingly supported the local ballot propositions to decriminalize low-level possession. These moves followed Austin voters’...

• Like 1

The Missouri legalization bill was somewhat controversial. A lot of pro-legalization people did not support it because they feel it will lead to too few companies having control of the industry in the state.

I voted yes, who knows when we’ll get another shot at this. I’m still shocked it passed honestly. Polls indicated it would, but it still feels very weird.

36 minutes ago, ort said:

The Missouri legalization bill was somewhat controversial. A lot of pro-legalization people did not support it because they feel it will lead to too few companies having control of the industry in the state.

I voted yes, who knows when we’ll get another shot at this. I’m still shocked it passed honestly. Polls indicated it would, but it still feels very weird.

I was happy to see it. It wasnt perfect by any means but I think if it didnt get passed there wouldn't be a second chance at it. 

Rumor is Feb. before we can buy from Rec. shops so not a long wait.

12 hours ago, SimpleG said:

I was happy to see it. It wasnt perfect by any means but I think if it didnt get passed there wouldn't be a second chance at it. 

Rumor is Feb. before we can buy from Rec. shops so not a long wait.

Do you know if or how many plants you’ll be legally allowed to grow? Ontario and most of Canada is 4 plants only, but many don’t follow the rules

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

48 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Do you know if or how many plants you’ll be legally allowed to grow? Ontario and most of Canada is 4 plants only, but many don’t follow the rules

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

Missourians 21 and older can obtain personal cultivation cards, which will allow up to six flowering plants, six nonflowering plants (plants over 14 inches) and six clone plants (plants under 14 inches). The cards are valid for one year and would have an annual fee of $150.

• Like 1

Weed legalization seems like the sort of thing where the hardest part is the initial legalization, so fretting over whether it is a good enough bill seems short sighted. This is especially true in more GOP dominated states as you may not get as many opportunities to break the seal on legalization.

43 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Weed legalization seems like the sort of thing where the hardest part is the initial legalization, so fretting over whether it is a good enough bill seems short sighted. This is especially true in more GOP dominated states as you may not get as many opportunities to break the seal on legalization.

I agree - it's simply an explanation as to why more of those bills didn't pass, but I also think you pass them first. 

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

Missourians 21 and older can obtain personal cultivation cards, which will allow up to six flowering plants, six nonflowering plants (plants over 14 inches) and six clone plants (plants under 14 inches). The cards are valid for one year and would have an annual fee of $150.

Almost sounds more like our Medical Grow license then anything. Only good for year, increases how many plants you can grow/possessed, but numbers are quartered if you grow outside. My cousin got her license and recently renewed hers, and I know I could easily get mine too with all my aches/pain. Still any progress forward is still progress forward on the matter. 

Sorry my quote won’t let me post below from my iPad. On this point below, Canada is still figuring things out on legalization and it been legal for 4 years now. The biggest issue is the limit on edibles/drinks (10% max on THC, CBD can go higher) Many of the people that came into my store when I was there, we’re looking for much higher(no pun intended) amounts of THC because they have been getting them from the black market for so long. I don’t think this has changed yet, but there were rumblings of possible change coming. With our drinks, they had a weird way to calculate how much each drink contributed to you 30g you could legally leave the store with. Some taller canned drinks pretty much tapped you out at 4/5 max and no room for anything else. This I believe was changing or has changed now to allow multipack buying options for this past summer season. Also the packaging laws are stupid and would love to them loosen up for retailers. One strain called First Class Funk came in a glass jar with a Hot Pink lid. That was too attractive to kids and switched to black. Stupid shit like that needs to change as well

45 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Eh, yes and no. Washington had a lot of hiccups for the first few years, to the point that weed was by far cheaper and more accessible in Oregon in like 2018, even though Washington legalised it 2 years before Oregon. Oregon voted down legal weed once or twice because the bills submitted kind of sucked

Not an apples to apples comparison, though. West coast States were always going to legalise it, it was just a matter of how and when. If the measure pops up in Kentucky... Ain't nothin to it but to do it

4 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Eh, yes and no. Washington had a lot of hiccups for the first few years, to the point that weed was by far cheaper and more accessible in Oregon in like 2018, even though Washington legalised it 2 years before Oregon. Oregon voted down legal weed once or twice because the bills submitted kind of sucked

Not an apples to apples comparison, though. West coast States were always going to legalise it, it was just a matter of how and when. If the measure pops up in Kentucky... Ain't nothin to it but to do it

Amazing post where you suggest you disagree but by the end actually really do agree. Message boards in a nutshell :p 

19 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Amazing post where you suggest you disagree but by the end actually really do agree. Message boards in a nutshell :p 

That's why I said "yes and no!" There is nuance. How picky you can be about ballot measure syntax is dependent on where you live.