Fire Emblem Engage - Somniel Trailer

Brian

I think I finished 4 chapters. It is definitely a streamlined experience compared to 3H. The pace is nice and you are fighting quite a bit. I don’t necessarily love the characters and story so far.  

The game looks fantastic on the OLED. 

• Like 1
  • True 1

7 hours ago, Brian said:

I think I finished 4 chapters. It is definitely a streamlined experience compared to 3H. The pace is nice and you are fighting quite a bit. I don’t necessarily love the characters and story so far.  

The game looks fantastic on the OLED. 

The further you get the more and more things open up to do trust me.

• Like 1

The side stuff feels a lot more optional this time around, which I greatly appreciate. You’re able to go straight to the next story mission if you want, and eventually there’s enough “mandatory” down time between missions with inventory management, forging rings, support conversations, etc. that I can’t imagine a lot of people will miss that extra layer of the school structure. 

• True 1

4 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

The side stuff feels a lot more optional this time around, which I greatly appreciate. You’re able to go straight to the next story mission if you want, and eventually there’s enough “mandatory” down time between missions with inventory management, forging rings, support conversations, etc. that I can’t imagine a lot of people will miss that extra layer of the school structure. 

Three Houses was the best selling FE game ever by a pretty wide margin IIRC, I think the school stuff probably had something to do with that.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Three Houses was the best selling FE game ever by a pretty wide margin IIRC, I think the school stuff probably had something to do with that.

Disagree, I think it was a return to the console/handheld era for Fire Emblem.  With the switch being a highly successful device, it definitely contributed to the success for 3H. 

Finally got to start this games over the weekend and I'm really liking it. Seems Nintendo decided to keep all the fluff from Three Houses, but really make it feel a lot less necessary so as to not kill players with their minmax OCD. Makes the time spent between battles feel a lot less tedious and that really compliments the nice, clean art and world design.

Yeah, I'm really liking this game.

• Like 1
  • True 1

What I do is return to the Somniel after each chapter, skirmish, or training event. Then I go in order. First visit my room and rest. Then go to each and every area doing everything once. Like having a meal at the cafe, fishing, working out for training, relay trials, bonding, etc. Then I pick up all materials on the ground before heading back out to the world map. Seems like a good way to do things. 

• True 1

On 1/31/2023 at 7:42 AM, thedarkstark said:

Chapter 18 now, the difficulty really spikes around chapter 16 (on hard mode at least). Going to have to spend some time on skirmishes, buying upgrades, and forging weapons.  Up to this point I hadn't done much min/maxing but it's starting to become necessary.

Yeah, I just played chapter 16, beat it but I lost 2 characters, including my new waifu 

Spoiler

Rosado

So I’m going to need to replay it. 

51 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, difficulty does spike around chapter 16. 

This is why I turn off the permadeath. I hate stressing over losing one or two characters in battle. 

I’ve grinded so many training and skirmishes that I’m way overleveled lol

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, difficulty does spike around chapter 16. 

This is why I turn off the permadeath. I hate stressing over losing one or two characters in battle. 

I turned off permadeath I don't know how many games ago after I realized it was pointless thanks to all the save scumming. What's the point if I'm just going to reload everytime a unit dies?

• True 1

8 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

I turned off permadeath I don't know how many games ago after I realized it was pointless thanks to all the save scumming. What's the point if I'm just going to reload everytime a unit dies?

I’ve turned it off since they gave me the choice. With the older games, I’d refuse to go forward with losing a unit until the last battle. At that point, I just accepted a loss. 

10 hours ago, Biggie said:

I’ve grinded so many training and skirmishes that I’m way overleveled lol

I did a fair bit of grinding for a while. Pretty much all my core units are well into their advanced classes. I have slacked off the last couple chapters, though. I'll probably need to start back up with the skirmishes again when I play next time.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished chapter 15. The combat is great but I don’t care for much else. The story is bad. The characters are throwaway. Somniel is fine, but I try to sprint through it as fast as I can. I am glad it doesn’t take much time to get back to the combat. 

• True 1

16 hours ago, Brian said:

I finished chapter 15. The combat is great but I don’t care for much else. The story is bad. The characters are throwaway. Somniel is fine, but I try to sprint through it as fast as I can. I am glad it doesn’t take much time to get back to the combat. 

Same which is why I disagreed with all the reviewers saying it was a step back from 3 houses, the monestary was such a chore. I couldn't care less for all the expository dialogue between characters most of whom I had zero interest in. The story in that game was much better though I will at least give it that.

I'm on the final 2 chapters it's been fun, hoping the post-game dlc content is good and provides a nice challenge 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished it up.  I did a couple of skirmishes and all of the emblem missions. By the end, my boy was a wreaking machine. The combat is great. My opinion remains unchanged on the rest. I started skipping all story content near the end. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm at chapter 23 and so many of my characters are maxed out. I hate the level caps. I'm just rotating lesser characters in now to get them leveled up.

You can use the second seals to reset the level caps if you want. 

19 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I know, but I never have in any of the games. I always like the classes they start with. :p 

I meant use second seals to reset the lvl on their existing class. Once Alear hit lvl 20 as a Divine Dragon, I used the second seal to reset the DD class back to lvl 1. 

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Ohhh, I guess I didn’t realize that. Do they keep their stats?

Yes. The characters get a lvl reset and keep the same stats. It shows you the stats remain the same before applying the second seal. Since it isn’t a new class, you don’t get a stat increase.

• Thanks 1