Meet my best friend!

Nokra

5 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

And likely quite bright, given the mix of breeds! My dog, on the otherhand, thinks walls are doors... :(

Yeah he's very smart and eager to please, which makes training easy. He's got lots of energy for hikes, runs, playing, etc. but when we're home, he's also perfectly willing to chill on the couch. I was worried about having such a potentially-energetic dog in an apartment in the city, but he does great. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Slug said:

Oof. Beagles. Used to have a beagle. They can be...challenging. :P

My former neighbour had one and it destroyed one of their daughters mattresses. Thankfully it was a foam one, but made a clear hole right in the centre. Then they needed to get her surgery a few months later because he ate a bunch of one of the girls socks and underwear.

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

My former neighbour had one and it destroyed one of their daughters mattresses. Thankfully it was a foam one, but made a clear hole right in the centre. Then they needed to get her surgery a few months later because he ate a bunch of one of the girls socks and underwear.

Beagles are naturally of the alignment, "Chaotic Hungry". 

• Haha 1
  • True 1

4 hours ago, Slug said:

Oof. Beagles. Used to have a beagle. They can be...challenging. :P

We have this guy and a 10 year old beagle along with 2 cats we rescued in February.

So far his challenges are mostly related to his background being bred for research; he’s not great at holding it when he has to go since he never has before, and we’re crate training him which is tough because his bed / toilet were his crate before. And he does NOT like being where he cannot see people.

We have puppy school to take him to and we can work with a behaviorist if it’s more of a drag than we expect. He’s a complete sweetheart though, like most beagles. He’s just so happy and loves his people.

But we couldn’t not apply to get one of the lab beags.

5 hours ago, Nokra said:

The underbite is adorable. <3

And I love her tag! :lol:

The Woman did one of those doggie DNA kit things and she's primarily boxer, lab, and pit.  That underbite is her boxer peeking through. :P

The tag is what happens when The Woman tells me to go get her a tag and I'm left without adult supervision. :D  The reverse side says, "Free beer upon return" and my cell phone number.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Slug said:

The Woman did one of those doggie DNA kit things and she's primarily boxer, lab, and pit.  That underbite is her boxer peeking through. :P

The tag is what happens when The Woman tells me to go get her a tag and I'm left without adult supervision. :D  The reverse side says, "Free beer upon return" and my cell phone number.

Yeah I did a DNA test on my guy too, which is how I found out he's Aussie/border collie. For the first few months I had him before the DNA test, I thought he was pure Aussie. 

On 9/6/2022 at 12:29 PM, Kal-El814 said:

This is Larry, aka Larry Bird, aka Larry D Beagle

P5LnZIj.jpg

4kNFIAQ.jpg

28tw8Z6.jpg

liXOzUC.jpg

Wxg7lRW.jpg

He's one of the beagles that was part of the Envigo rescue, so he's got a tattoo from the lab.

0Wh6j6l.jpg

He's slowly learning that not being around people is okay and that his crate is not his toilet, but in the meantime he is a sweetheart.

This is both adorable and heartbreaking. I'm so glad you took one in! <3

• Hugs 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sad news to report. Neither of the breeders dogs produced any puppies and now have to wait and hope for her next attempts. So we might not be seeing a new puppy now until February next year. It sucks but in some ways, it kind of works better for the family. I’m still unemployed (20 resumes out there, 4 interviews only and wrist injury keeping me from the good job money with my lifting restrictions) Still if we do get a new puppy in Feb, it would of been the same time we got our last Buddy. Hopefully no snow storms to battle to get there this time

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2