It is gross hot in LA right now

80161-AD1-AA08-4371-971-D-915-A658-E9667 1-ED2-E946-88-D0-4724-B007-AA8688-C1862-E

Flew in this morning to pick up some equipment and it was 70ish when I landed. I don’t care that it’s a dry heat, 108 is brutal.

Never thought I would long for Houston weather in August 😂

108 sucks regardless of humidity. 108 *with* humidity is straight ass, though. There were a few days in May or June in New Orleans where it hit ~102-103, and that was awful. You have to try and get everything you need done for the day accomplished by 9am because it's already like fucking 90 out by then. There were giant ass lines at the grocery store and the bank as soon as they opened because people were trying to take care of that shit early. Once it hit noon, no one was trying to do anything.

Plus, a hot tip if you have a small/window AC unit: try not to keep the temperature more than 20 degrees cooler than the temperature outside. I live in an old building with like a jerry-rigged central air system that's basically connected to a window unit, and I do not want that shit to break.

21 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Not in Culver City either :p HAS to be the Valley to be that Hot.

I ended up wherever Chatsworth is

I am now in Palm Springs getting dinner and gas and it is surface of the sun hot here

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh Palm Springs is hot as fuck always :p You're literally in the middle of the desert. You're two hours away from Los Angeles bro :p It's not that hot down here.

I'd believe you if you said Palm Springs is in Riverside County tbh, even though I know it's not. :shrug:

13 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh Palm Springs is hot as fuck always :p You're literally in the middle of the desert. You're two hours away from Los Angeles bro :p It's not that hot down here.

No, I flew into LA this morning early and was there until mid afternoon. Had to drive from LAX to Anaheim, then up to Chatsworth, now only road back to Houston. I only left…two hours ago :p 

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

I get a coolnbreeze through my apartment. I rarely turn on the air conditioning EVER.

There's only windows on one side of my apartment so I can't get a crossbreeze without leaving my front door open. Doable when I'm just kicking around at home but kind of a problem at bedtime.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I get a cross breeze by opening my window and my balcony door. Feels heavenly. 

My bedroom even actively retains heat because it's from 1970 when the only real climate control concern in Santa Monica was people not dying of exposure from the ocean winds in January. :sadsun:

My apartment doesn't even have a ceiling fan. But it does have this wildly inefficient radiant heat in the bedroom ceiling! And a fireplace! And a bathroom heat lamp!