*stabs Nokra*

Bacon

1 minute ago, Reputator said:

On a side note, every time I venture in here, I immediately want to blast off and nuke it from orbit.

How SFLUFAN tolerates this place's existence or the regulars here, I have no idea.

I mean, most of us are pretty good. And like, if you mostly stick to gaming, there ain't much drama there unless I go on a rant about something stupid. It is really just like the same 3-4 people perpetuating a cycle. And most people don't want to go anywhere else nor is there really anywhere else to go that isn't a hellscape.

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I mean, most of us are pretty good. And like, if you mostly stick to gaming, there ain't much drama there unless I go on a rant about something stupid. It is really just like the same 3-4 people perpetuating a cycle. And most people don't want to go anywhere else nor is there really anywhere else to go that isn't a hellscape.

I'm talking about The Shower specifically.

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Whyyyyy?

I get there’s a lot of silly and stupid topics here, but people should also be able to post about legit stuff without being shat on. It wasn’t like there was anywhere else t post about medical concerns. 

See, and you're a perfect example of how even a person who was attacked in the past by the OP could set that aside and respect that they were in a serious situation.

I guess a person might call that maturity, but wtf do I know?

• True 1
  • Halal 1

12 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

What, people kept being shitty in the thread even after Nokra cleaned it up?

jesus. 

Yep. Best deleted it tho, not a mod. As I said, asking for money from best seems antagonizy. Shit's been going on for years tho for anyone who doesn't know.

@Commissar SFLUFAN if you don't what I'm posting posted then just delete, but here is shit from discord from 2018 lol. Shit ain't gotten any better or different. Some pretty harsh shit in here btw. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

MXj3JCk.png

Pi0yWYG.png

JhgIzpT.png

HaO4ZSH.png

Sarforx.png

djcBjAe.png

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

See, and you're a perfect example of how even a person who was attacked in the past by the OP could set that aside and respect that they were in a serious situation.

I guess a person might call that maturity, but wtf do I know?

Yeah, I get being in the hospital is frightening for most people and even though he’s not my favorite person, I still don’t need to shit on him when he’s dealing with that.  

• Halal 2

5 minutes ago, Rachel said:

I didn’t attack best once in that thread.

I would say that you were antagonizing Best. Making the thread about Best paying your hospital bills, asking for money in his thread, and when he did say, "Fuck off." your response was further antagonizing with a gif. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

When did @Baconbecome the voice of reason? I’m so confused

If we don’t want to ban bad posters because of various reasons, then I’m all for nuking this part of the forum. It’s the main place that creates conflict. It’s a place where shitty people can say shitty things.  People, at times, encourage the behavior and it escalates to sad levels.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm just getting to old to deal with this nonsense.

I have half a mind to get rid of this particular board entirely - it's barely used and really contributes nothing.

Your call, obviously, but FWIW I do at least like the idea of having some place to discuss general off-topic things when they don't quite fit on some other board.

IMO, there are just a couple people who can't seem to get over past grievances (real or perceived) who occasionally make this an unpleasant board. I think changing the culture but keeping a general board would be good for building/strengthening the community, but I may not be thinking clearly due to blood loss from a vicious stabbing. :p 

• Like 1
  • True 1

1 minute ago, Nokra said:

Your call, obviously, but FWIW I do at least like the idea of having some place to discuss general off-topic things when they don't quite fit on some other board.

IMO, there are just a couple people who can't seem to get over past grievances (real or perceived) who occasionally make this an unpleasant board. I think changing the culture but keeping a general board would be good for building/strengthening the community, but I may not be thinking clearly due to blood loss from a vicious stabbing. :p 

Alright, fine.

But freel free to give that person a vacation.

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Brian said:

When did @Baconbecome the voice of reason? I’m so confused

If we don’t want to ban bad posters because of various reasons, then I’m all for nuking this part of the forum. It’s the main place that creates conflict. It’s a place where shitty people can say shitty things.  People, at times, encourage the behavior and it escalates to sad levels.

There are some good posts tho. Like, maybe if it was called the "blogpost board" or the "Life" board such things wouldn't happen. Like, Wordle and Pizza Fridays belong on a board like this and not really anywhere else. A place to post lighthearted to more personal and serious topics or just questions that don't don't really fit anywhere else. 

Just now, Nokra said:

Agreed, a general chat board has its place. If it's down to a few bad actors... I mean, you have options.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

There are some good posts tho. Like, maybe if it was called the "blogpost board" or the "Life" board such things wouldn't happen. Like, Wordle is and Pizza Fridays belong on a board like this and not really anywhere else. A place to post lighthearted to more personal and serious topics or just questions that don't don't really fit anywhere else. 

Pizza thread had some horrific statements made towards a users wife that should have led to a ban.  The bad users will make this place a space for their shitty behavior. 

• Like 1

Just now, Brian said:

Pizza thread had some horrific statements made towards a users wife that should have led to a ban.  The bad users will make this place a space for their shitty behavior. 

I remember. What I would like is stuff like that to just get instantly deleted. Pizza Friday was a good thread. 

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It needs to be drawn to our attention.

As far as I can tell, it wasn't reported to us.

I guess it does. I honestly assume a mod or higher generally sees that stuff and has already made a ruling on it. Kinda like today. By time I already noticed the drama, Nokra brought out the broom.