Look out for "Cinema Day" in early September, $3 admission at basically every theater in America for ALL shows regardless of format or studio

NATO started a new foundation and they are kicking off some fundraising push with this Cinema Day thing. They got all the studios on board to let every theater play their content for $3 (or less), and the NATO foundation is going to provide some pre-show content or something. As far as I know, close to 100% of theaters will be participating. So if there are some late summer movies you've been meaning to catch up on, I believe this will take place on September 3rd.

I mean, I'll go watch just about anything in Dolby Cinema for $3 :lol:

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

NATO started a new foundation and they are kicking off some fundraising push with this Cinema Day thing. They got all the studios on board to let every theater play their content for $3 (or less), and the NATO foundation is going to provide some pre-show content or something. As far as I know, close to 100% of theaters will be participating. So if there are some late summer movies you've been meaning to catch up on, I believe this will take place on September 3rd.

I mean, I'll go watch just about anything in Dolby Cinema for $3 :lol:

Sweeeeeeeeet, thanks for the heads up

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Anything good in theaters around that time?

Nothing new, which is part of why they picked that date :p But I would guess if you have a decent sized mega plex in your area all of the mid to late summer stuff will still be around due to the upcoming release drought.

43 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

How does Sweden and Finland entering NATO factor into this?

They had to bribe the US Senators with cheap movie tickets to get admitted. September 3 is Labor Day weekend, so they'll all have the weekend off! 

• 2 weeks later...