Gal Guardians: Demon Purge | A Castlevania-like Featuring 2 Sisters, One With an Uzi | Feb 23 2023 (Out Now!)

Keyser_Soze

Players take control of the two sisters with different attacks and capabilities to challenge the demon castle and the bosses waiting within. Discover new routes through the castle using the sisters' unique abilities!

The stars of Grim Guardians are the long-distance focused “Shinobu Kamizono” and the close-range brawler “Maya Kamizono.” Players will need to consider the situation when choosing which sister to control as they make their way through the castle, investigating the mystery of what happened to their school and its students.

Other features include 2-player co-op with special actions, extensive difficulty options with the “Style System,” unique changes on repeat plays, and most importantly the quality and challenge players have come to expect from Inti Creates titles, this time with a new gothic horror aesthetic.

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

12 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

They are? I didn’t know that.

Looks like they are the leads of this one:

latest?cb=20190321005335
GAL-GUN.FANDOM.COM

Gal*Gun: Double Peace (ぎゃる☆がん だぶるぴーす Gyaru Gan Daburu Piisu) is a rail shooter Bishōjo video game developed by Inti Creates. The game was released on August 6, 2015 in Japan, July 22, 2016 in...

• 4 months later...
9 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I Am Once Again Asking Meme | Meaning/Origin/Templete/Generator

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1668185719
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Confront time and fate in the 2D action RPG, Astlibra Revision. Explore meticulously crafted worlds, fight brutal boss battles, and upgrade your skills to take down enemies lurking around every corner.

Well, if it helps, I checked it on the Steam sale and saw only 10% and shook my head!

edit: It’s just I don’t have time yet I think this will be a feb thing so to try/buy it early it has to be a good price!

• Halal 1

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to Grim Guardians: Demon Purge | A Castlevania-like Featuring 2 Sisters, One With an Uzi | Coming Feb 23 2023
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to Grim Guardians: Demon Purge | A Castlevania-like Featuring 2 Sisters, One With an Uzi | Coming Feb 23 2023 (Out Now!)

I played through the first four levels on Switch and yeah it’s pretty damn good though very much a Curse of the Moon 2 follow up and not a metroidvania as I thought it was going to be. Still, as something that feels like if there was another 32bit Castlevania game that came out in between Bloodlines and SOTN it nails it. They do a good job at making the gun weapon feel like you’d want a gun to feel in a Castlevania game. If a Castlevania game had to have guns. Great pixel art, lots of branching paths, and (thankfully for me) an easy mode. I’m thinking it’s likely a bit short for $25 (8 levels but you’re supposed to beat the game twice with harder bosses) but definitely a solid pickup on a sale for $15 or so.

I’m definitely buying this as soon as there’s a sale on it. I’m actually kind of glad that it’s more like the classic linear Castlevania games and less of a Metroidvania, because I have tons of Metroidvanias in my backlog so something a little more linear and straight forward is a welcome change.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 7:23 PM, Mr.Vic20 said:

I Am Once Again Asking Meme | Meaning/Origin/Templete/Generator

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1668185719
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Confront time and fate in the 2D action RPG, Astlibra Revision. Explore meticulously crafted worlds, fight brutal boss battles, and upgrade your skills to take down enemies lurking around every corner.

I plan on eventually asking someone on D1P to get it for me.

I definitely recommend this to anyone who is a  @CastlevaniaNut18- I think it’s better than the curse of the moon games (and those were great) contrary to some reviews but also I’m a sucker for 32bit pixel art (always wish we had a couple years of that before 3D) and not as big on nes style like those games. I thought the dual character and reviving mechanic on casual worked really well for this type of game allowing me to actually beat it, though it got tough on the end and took several tries of draining the health down of the last bosses.

That spoiler above doesn’t really spoil much but it is about the creepiest it gets if anyone is wondering if this is too much on the weird gal gun aspect. The first half is more normal but it gets a little weird with a quest to find “sexy items” or whatever in the second half. But it doesn’t get toooo weird still and you can just skip through them. It’s not about the story anyway, it’s about being a super super tight controlling classicvania.

It actually strays a little from classicvania into the realm of metroidvania more in the second half as well with some non linearity in stage order and stage path as you collect the items to reach the final stage and reach new areas with new abilities. There actually is some light leveling up where you can increase magic and hp and upgrade your sub weapons.

After being disappointed to hear it was more of a classicvania it ended up still being as good as I hoped because it’s such a well done one, reminding me a bit of a 32bit Bloodlines follow up and at about 12 hours to beat both runs I think the $25 price is fair actually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

That day is today sir, check your steam account! 

Completely off topic, but how is the cable management in that Lian Li tower you're using. I'm planning on building a new desktop, part by part, and the most important thing I want in a case is something that is nice and tidy, with plenty of space. My current tower is nice, but not as clean as i'd like (plus it doesn't have space for radiators for water cooling).

37 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Completely off topic, but how is the cable management in that Lian Li tower you're using. I'm planning on building a new desktop, part by part, and the most important thing I want in a case is something that is nice and tidy, with plenty of space. My current tower is nice, but not as clean as i'd like (plus it doesn't have space for radiators for water cooling).

Its excellent! Since you have such a spacious compartment behind the motherboard and plenty of access grommets through which to thread your cables, it doesn't take much to keep things pretty clean.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Its excellent! Since you have such a spacious compartment behind the motherboard and plenty of access grommets through which to thread your cables, it doesn't take much to keep things pretty clean.   

Thank you. I actually really like the look of the case, so I'm glad to hear it. 

• Halal 1

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to Gal Guardians: Demon Purge | A Castlevania-like Featuring 2 Sisters, One With an Uzi | Feb 23 2023 (Out Now!)