Soulframe - Brand New IP From Digital Extremes, Creators of Warframe, update: TennoCon 2023 gameplay demo (31 minutes)

Keyser_Soze

Digital Extremes proudly revealed an all-new IP, Soulframe, during #TennoCon 2022. This free-to-play open world adventure heavily influenced by themes of nature, restoration, and exploration.

A totally new game in early development, Soulframe will deliver its own independent and uniquely immersive experience led by the creative and imaginative minds behind Warframe. For early fans of Digital Extremes, the path to release will be a familiar one: it will be a transparent, collaborative and iterative process that is shaped by the passion of players and DE.

53 minutes ago, legend said:

I'm sure you'll start it just as soon as you're finished playing Warframe.

Believe it or not, I actually stopped playing Warframe about 9 months ago! I final just didn’t feel like playing it any more. That was a long time coming!

• Shocked 1

I put like 1500 hours into warframe but I have pretty much zero interest in ever playing a "free to play" game again. 

Warframe is loaded with bugs, they rush out content and let the community beta test it. You can spend real money buying stuff or hours grinding things that they'll nerf into oblivion because it was "bugged" or simply too popular.

Warframe was never egregious in terms of monetization but the core of how things are structured incentivizes spend money to save time which actively makes the game less fun than it could/should be.

1 hour ago, Moa said:

Looks cool. I dabbled in Warframe but found it overwhelming. I can see myself getting into something like this if I can get in at the beginning.

I got into warframe  a bit late but I doubt things were less overwhelming at the beginning because they just do a really piss poor job of explaining anything/everything and even the stuff that seems pretty straightforward doesn't work how you think it does often times. 

There's an area where you can test things called the simulacrum and it is an absolute necessity because how things work in theory is rarely how they work in reality.

• 1 year later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Soulframe - Brand New IP From Digital Extremes, Creators of Warframe, update: TennoCon 2023 gameplay demo (31 minutes)
soulframe-elden-ring-ghost-of-tsushima-c
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

During the Warframe-themed festivities of TennoCon 2023, we spoke to Digital Extremes about Soulframe, the developer’s upcoming Elden Ring-style MMORPG.

Combat features a lot of dodging and parrying, and while the ‘purified’ world looks more akin to something out of Fable, the warped, twisted iteration of Midrath that we’ll likely spend most of our time in certainly channels the moodiness of Elden Ring’s Lands Between.

When I ask if Soulframe is directly inspired by the game, Sinclair tells me “it’s impossible to avoid it. When we were naming the game, we have this premise of the souls of our ancestors, and then we put f**king ‘souls’ in the name.”

“When Elden Ring came out, we were just starting on Soulframe and obviously we, like every developer in the world, looked at each other and went ‘oh shit.’ [Elden Ring] was just so incredible in terms of how the exploration felt and, for me, the non-linearity made it that, when you hit a wall, you just go to a different place – which was refreshing. So yeah, we are taking a lot of inspiration from it.”

However, it’s not the only game that has inspired the Soulframe saga. “There are a lot of other influences there; great melee combat games like Ghost of Tsushima are huge ones as well. You’ll probably notice that the camera is a bit more like Ghost, and less like Elden Ring.”

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
soulframe-elden-ring-ghost-of-tsushima-c
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

During the Warframe-themed festivities of TennoCon 2023, we spoke to Digital Extremes about Soulframe, the developer’s upcoming Elden Ring-style MMORPG.

It's funny because the were two games that came to mind when I watched the gameplay videos.