Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Remake Part 2) - "An Excellent But Inconsistent Experience" (Digital Foundry Technical Review)

Keyser_Soze

32 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yes the ocean water was really disappointing to me. The water in general is. Yes, there are bad textures but the overall visual package is nice to me. I watched the entire digital foundry tech review and know whats up. I'm just satisfied. 

You said "it definitely never looks washed out in graphics mode". Me and the article say different. You then say you know what's up but remain satisfied. That's fine, but you're wrong about it never looking washed out, which was my original point. So you agree with me about the water, you know about DF's complaints, but said that for some reason?

32 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Oh god not this mother fucker again with his essays. Bro just play the damn game. Nobody gives a shit. We have moved on. 

They aren't essays you illiterate motherfucker. If you bothered to read my post, you'd see I am playing the game. And given everyone keeps talking about graphics ad nauseum in this thread (and every thread) I'd say we haven't moved on and I'm making my first post about it. So either post something of value or move along. I now get why Xbob gets irritated that everyone gets on him for legitimately criticizing many games when it seems everyone just wants to like everything regardless of any sort of objective value or valid criticism.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Oh god not this mother fucker again with his essays. Bro just play the damn game. Nobody gives a shit. We have moved on. 

He is just thorough in his comments and he is always making accurate points. But yea, just enjoy this amazing game and don't get caught up in the visuals. But he has every right to "complain" about it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

You said it "definitely never looks washed out in graphics mode". Me and the article say different. You then say you know what's up but remain satisfied. That's fine, but you're wrong about it never looking washed out, which was my original point. So you agree but said that for some reason?

They aren't essays you illiterate motherfucker. If you bothered to read my post, you'd see I am playing the game. And given everyone keeps talking about graphics ad nauseum in this thread, I'd say we haven't moved on and I'm making my first post about it. So either post something of value or move along.

I'll have to look again to see about this washed out bit. I know it's very sunny and hazy in the grasslands so I might be confused lol. I'll take your word for it though. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'll have to look again to see about this washed out bit. I know it's very sunny and hazy in the grasslands so I might be confused lol. I'll take your word for it though. 

I mean, I quoted aspects of the DF article that essentially say the same thing. Take their word for it if not mine. The low poly textures make the game look washed out at times, etc. It's all there in the DF article. And where in my post am I saying I'm even remotely getting "caught up" in the visuals? The opening to my post was "the game is pretty good so far" and then I broke down the graphics aspect as that was surprising to me.

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

You said "it definitely never looks washed out in graphics mode". Me and the article say different. You then say you know what's up but remain satisfied. That's fine, but you're wrong about it never looking washed out, which was my original point. So you agree with me about the water, you know about DF's complaints, but said that for some reason?

They aren't essays you illiterate motherfucker. If you bothered to read my post, you'd see I am playing the game. And given everyone keeps talking about graphics ad nauseum in this thread, I'd say we haven't moved on and I'm making my first post about it. So either post something of value or move along.

I am not illiterate I just don’t like to read lol. But I stand by my original post. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I am not illiterate I just don’t like to read lol. But I stand by my original post. 

You stand by your original post, where you said nobody cares about the graphics, but if we look at this thread since the game's release, many have posted talking about the graphics, indicating they do care? Maybe you shouldn't stand by that post. Also, reading (and traveling) engender empathy, so it may be something you should want to do more. 

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, I quoted aspects of the DF article that essentially say the same thing. Take their word for it if not mine. The low poly textures make the game look washed out at times, etc. It's all there in the DF article. And where in my post am I saying I'm even remotely getting "caught up" in the visuals? The opening to my post was "the game is pretty good so far" and then broke down the graphics aspect as that was surprising to me.

I wasn't criticizing you when I said "don't get caught up in the visuals". You make valid points and digital foundry is saying the same things. I understand you are enjoying the game as you are 7 hours in.

I'm just ok with how things look even though it's flawed and not the best graphics on PS5. I just really love the game itself which is obviously the most important thing. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

You stand by your original post, where you said nobody cares about the graphics, but if we look at this thread since the game's release, many have posted talking about the graphics, indicating they do care? Maybe you shouldn't stand by that post. Also, reading (and traveling) engender empathy, so it may be something you should want to do more. 

He's just upset you didn't get in the back and forth with Legend, Spork and Crispy earlier. :p

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I think I speak for most normal people when I say….

200.gif

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I wasn't criticizing you when I said "don't get caught up in the visuals". You make valid points and digital foundry is saying the same things. I understand you are enjoying the game as you are 7 hours in.

I'm just ok with how things look even though it's flawed and not the best graphics on PS5. I just really love the game itself which is obviously the most important thing. 

I'm definitely okay with the graphics, but it's surprising that it's more overt/obvious than I would have expected from Square Enix. Given it's more open world, the DF article even says this game takes a step back in some regards compared to Remake, which came out 4 years ago. It's fine, but for a triple A game you would think this would be tightened up at least.

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He's just upset you didn't get in the back and forth with Legend, Spork and Crispy earlier. :p

I would have except I'm a completionist - of course you play Intermission before Rebirth if you want the complete experience. Can someone get by without it? Sure, but I would never encourage that given I'm a completionist. Intermission, if nothing else, gives you more understanding and exposure to Yuffie as a character, and that is invaluable even if the DLC itself is mostly fluff since you'll know her better going in when she inevitably pops up in Rebirth. I also wouldn't discount the very real possibility that the introduction of Nero in Intermission will matter for Rebirth given Nero's connections to Crisis Core and more importantly Dirge of Cerberus. Yes, he barely shows up in Intermission but again, it will matter broadly speaking.

• True 1

The trick is to have astigmatism in your lazy left eye like I do. Every visual is an adventure!

One second you're having a normal experience, and then suddenly there's two Clouds on screen very briefly!

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

Shut the fuck up.

• Like 1

Just now, Brian said:

“Hmm not many users left on D1P. Really a shame so many left”

”Shut the fuck up and eat shit asshole”

honestly can’t blame them for leaving lol

lol. Gotta have thick skin to run on D1P. 

6 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Great game so far, but the frame rate is a war crime! Fuck, its just unacceptable. 

Yeah I warned you. It’s unacceptable I agree and disappointing. I never even notice stuff like this but in this game I do. I took the hit on graphics and went to performance mode. 

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Yeah I warned you. It’s unacceptable I agree and disappointing. I never even notice stuff like this but in this game I do. I took the hit on graphics and went to performance mode. 

Yeah, I figured it was real bad when I saw you complaining about it since you normally aren’t bothered by IQ/fps!

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah, I figured it was real bad when I saw you complaining about it since you normally aren’t bothered by IQ/fps!

The worst part is that someone, some where, is testing the PC port right now! :cry:

• Sad 2

I'm a little confused by some of the posts here - graphics mode is better than performance mode. Graphics mode (according to DF) is a locked 30fps, it's performance mode's aim for a locked 60fps that can wobbly apparently. A locked 30fps has been pretty fine so far, I'd say of all the issues graphics-wise the FPS in graphics mode is the least of them. Do I wish I had a locked 60fps? Yes, but a locked 30fps with no frame stutter is a trade-off I'll take for better graphics.

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm a little confused - graphics mode is better than performance mode. Graphics mode (according to DF) is a locked 30fps, it's performance mode's aim for 60fps that can wobbly apparently. A locked 30fps has been pretty fine so far, I'd say of all the issues graphics-wise the FPS in graphics mode is the least of them. Do I wish I had a locked 60fps? Yes, but a locked 30fps with no frame stutter is a trade-off I'll take for better graphics.

Oh buddy, graphics mode is MOST DEFINITLY NOT a locked 30FPS. I believe the technical terminology for the frame rate is: Quite shit. 

• True 1

31 minutes ago, stepee said:

it literally messes with my eyes and gives me a headache 

15 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Oh buddy, graphics mode is MOST DEFINITLY NOT a locked 30FPS. I believe the technical terminology for the frame rate is: Quite shit. 

That is interesting! I wonder how DF missed it if it’s that bad, though Oliver is a bit newer. It’s definitely dropping frames not just juddering all over the place with bad frame pacing?

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

That is interesting! I wonder how DF missed it if it’s that bad, though Oliver is a bit newer. It’s definitely dropping frames not just juddering all over the place with bad frame pacing?

To me it’s like jarring. It never stops not being jarring. It’s difficult for me to watch and play. 

Wait a minute. I'm probably the biggest graphics whore on here and the graphics mode is fine. It definitely doesn't drop below 30 in any scenario. I would definitely notice that. So I'm confused. 

I just hit the 2nd demo area and basically am where the demo stops. So that's roughly 7 hours in. This is a phenomenal game so far and much better than Remake. 

Okay yeah sounds like it’s the 30fps on oled without motion blur making it jank even if it’s a proper locked 30fps. I could see how motion smoothing could help but that combined with 30fps isn’t the best input latency :P

• Halal 1