Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Remake Part 2) - "An Excellent But Inconsistent Experience" (Digital Foundry Technical Review)

Keyser_Soze

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

Just booted up the Yuffie DLC.  This game is still so much fun.

(and sadly, they didn’t fix the texture issues in spite of being on PS5…)

There was a texture pack out there but seems like it was taken down recently.

WCCFTECH.COM

A new version of the Final Fantasy VII Remake HD Project mod has been released online, overhauling all of the game's textures

8gpEaFN.jpeg

It's still pretty bad on PS5, which I find harder to forgive given that the DLC is current gen only.

It might be a thing with SquareEnix not being able to properly optimize UE4, or maybe they figured out a way to avoid UE4 traversal stutters on console but this is the trade-off, lol.

1 hour ago, legend said:

Not sure if Rebirth looks much better in detail, but the overworld is far bigger than any environment in Remake.

Also, this is good news.

This is massive news for me because in performance mode the demo looks extremely washed out. 

If this was coming out on PC I'd buy it for the deck. 

20 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Played some more of FFVII Remake

Can't tell if you're joking. 

Don't read my spoilers: 

Spoiler

I cannot believe Jesse, Wedge, and Biggs died. Unless they magically appear soon. I genuinely thought I was at the end of the game when sector 7 got demolished. Then they got the ancient story rocking. Phew!

This game is LEAGUES better than FF16. The music is absolutely incredible. 

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Don't read my spoilers: 

Reveal hidden contents

I’m serious. And I already know the spoilers. I’ve watched streams when the game came out. It doesn’t bother me. 

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m serious. And I already know the spoilers. I’ve watched streams when the game came out. It doesn’t bother me. 

Ok. Yea, I'd play this. It's so freakin good. Did you start over or continue where you left off?

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Ok I am on chapter 13 or 14. 18 hours in. I cannot wait for Rebirth because it's going to have bigger more lively game sections than Remake. 

I wish I could buy it. But then I wouldn’t get your money which I need to afford the game. What a twist of irony. lol

• Haha 1
  • Sicko 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Don't read my spoilers: 

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah FF7R's soundtrack is second to none.

That scene is awesome. It's kind of hilarious to go back and watch the CG of it from the OG in comparison :p 

Spoiler

vs

Spoiler

The story beats hit so much harder with the better technology.

• True 1

Credits rolling in FF VII Remake @best3444  Stayed up and powered through it. Didn’t think the game would ever fucking end and the story is absolute confusing nonsense. Maybe Rebirth will make it make sense. 

Total play thru for me was 30 hours and 52 minutes 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I expect @best3444 to have a negative reaction to the ending.  It requires knowledge of the original game’s events to be reasonably understood, and even then, there’s more than a little theory crafting about what it means.  Not even just what it will mean.

Well could you explain it to me? lol

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Biggie said:

@crispy4000 if I play thru Rebirth will the story make a little bit more sense? 

Did you play the original FF7?  If you didn’t, it might explain a bit, but you can’t take back the ending relying on knowledge of characters and events you don’t know to make its point.

But I’ll try to keep this as spoiler free as possible without expounding on those bits:

Spoiler

- There looks like a split timeline of sorts.  One is more divergent than the other, but it’s implied that neither will stick to the og game’s script.  And they might exert influence on each other.

-  Sephiroth and Arieth seemingly have knowledge of the events of the original game, and where their former fates led them.  The former challenges the party to break out of it, which they do, though the latter questions it.

- A few other small changes like Wedge still being alive.