We've installed a time lapse camera high above my Synchrotron project, let the fun begin!

Mr.Vic20

46 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But what if I want to catch some mobsters dumping a body in that hole in the middle of the night?

I feel for, and understand your need, however all of these images are being captured for a time elapse movie, so a bunch of night shot interspersed throughout will just give a really nasty strobing effect. :p

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I feel for, and understand your need, however all of these images are being captured for a time elapse movie, so a bunch of night shot interspersed throughout will just give a really nasty strobing effect. :p

Ah see, this isn't exactly clear in the OP that you're making a movie. Are you going to team up with @sblfilms to distribute it?

• Mr.Vic20 changed the title to We've installed a time lapse camera high above my Synchrotron project, let the fun begin!

Very soon the Synchrotron ring (technically its two rings with a positron stream going clock wise and an electron ring going counter clockwise) will be exposed. It is to this ring that we will graft the New Experimental Hall. We will make penetrations through the existing ring tunnel wall and then cast in place a new heavy concrete (ferrous aggregate) through which we will form in sleeves. When the building is completed this will allow for beamlines that are tangents off the ring to pass into the new facility and be captured in what are colloquially referred to as "hutches". Here is what that will look like:

Beamlines | CHESS  

14 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Not sure what a synchrotron is but it sounds like some Black Mesa shit, so I would advise you to grab the nearest crowbar. 

For your knowledge and edification, a Synchrotron ring is a massive electro magnetic "gun" that accelerates particles to near the speed of light. This particular one then uses complex magnetic field generators to wiggle free particles from this beam that become "Tangent Radiation", which in turn is shot down beamlines to strike materials/fields to determine a wide variety of impacts on whatever sample is the target of the beam strike. And yes, it makes head crabs! :sun:

OpTest < Sandbox < CLASSE Wiki

• Like 1