We've installed a time lapse camera high above my Synchrotron project, let the fun begin!

Mr.Vic20

45 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Can you get me a job there?

Oh, I don't think you'd enjoy this particular avenue my friend! The work is nothing but  stress for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The different parties you have to work with requires you to constantly shift from aggressive to diplomatic and back to aggressive again. Its all quite draining! :sun: That said, and depending on your skill set, I probably could get you a job somewhere on this campus. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Can i be your security guard who makes sure nobody else sits on your office chair? Of course that involves me sitting on said chair to make sure nobody else sits on it!

I really need that chair but I also respect your approach. Are you cool with stacking?

• Like 1

Slab Placement #2 begins today! 800 CYDs this time or 80 concrete trucks if you will. Trucks start rolling at 7:00am and will continue to arrive and be placed at a rate of 60CYDs per hour. With fidgeting and finish this means 14 hours of concrete placement and another 2-3 hours of concrete finishing. Its going to be a long day...

Concret Pump Truck SetupFinal Rebar Prep Before Concrete Placement

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

With the main slab now resting in its 5th day under wet cure, attention has shifted to forming the North wall of the new hall. This is a special wall in that we are using a Heavy Weight Concrete mix that contains a significant amount of iron ore aggregate design to shield the facility from the radiation field effects of the ring just on the other side of it. This mix weighs in at 258lbs per cubic foot. For reference, your "average" concrete is closer to 150lbs per cubic foot. So its substantially heavier, hence we are using a very heavy form work system to support the placement happening in about 10 days. Below is a pic of that form work being assembled. 

IMG_2500

• Like 1
  • Halal 2

2 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

After studying construction at university…I’m glad I then went into teaching. It was stressful enough planning and writing PM reports on old, already built sites, I can’t quite imagine working on one live.

You chose wisely! It is, on the best of days, a pressure cooker of personalities. I consider it professional day care for the emotional unstable. :sun: