We've installed a time lapse camera high above my Synchrotron project, let the fun begin!

Mr.Vic20

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
NEH roofNEH roof

The contractor has placed the the roof decking and will start substrate work shortly for the EPDM system.

NEH roof

Meanwhile the masonry sub is building up the CMU wall in the west that will house building mechanicals and some limited vacuum and mech lab space. 

@Mr.Vic20 Can you verify the authenticity of this game?

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1680196298
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Builder Simulator is the perfect game for those who want to build a house, from the ground up, one brick at a time. On easy, the game will guide and teach you by showing you full instruction, but on hard you will get no help - instead rely on your builder skills and make everything yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The project has started exterior cladding. So that means a whole lot of scaffolding and masonry work, plus some metal form. 

scaffolding for brick veneer

And with scaffolding installed, here comes the brick veneer!

brick veneer

Meanwhile, inside the the building interior MEP (Mechanical , Electrical, Plumbing) framing, and fire proofing are bopping along...

duct work in high bayfire proofing

• 2 weeks later...

November 15th it the current target date to turn the facility over to my customer group. This summer will be a fast, hot, slice of Hell, but I think we got it. Unfortunately for me, my customer group has enjoyed my services, so I have now received another two years of work at this facility. I started contracts with design teams to:

* Fabricate the radiation shielding hutch and cave system for the High Magnetic Field beamline (2023-2024)

* Design and install the experimental fit out of the high bay and caves associated with the HMF (2023-2024)

* Perform a structural integrity study of the synchrotron ring (2023-2024)

* Design and install beamline 6 infrastructure, AKA "X-leap" (2025-2026)

OK, batch of progress photos!

IMG-4734

Thanks to the poor air quality in the tristate region right now, you'd be forgiven for thinking this was a photo taken at dusk or dawn...in the 1970s! Here the masons are toping out the East high bay wall with its brick veneer. 

IMG-4751IMG-4754

These two images capture the start of placement for the high bay overhead bridge crane runway beams. 

IMG-4693

And lastly, here you can see the iron workers installing the pan form stair case that will receive its concrete treads in the next few weeks. 

On July 7th the ring will go down for the summer and once again it will be a mad dash of MEP work until Sept 1st to stick to critical path and deliver full systems integration with the rest of the Wilson complex. From there its just a hop, skip, jump to turnover in November!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You making your boys work in the smoke?

:duckhuntdog:Every guy on that wall sucks down a carton a week and would laugh if I asked them to stop working. Also, I don’t control their company’s policies. I hold their contract, but not their safety plans or response to environmental situations. So unless Cornell directs me to shut it down, we roll on.

• Halal 1