Are You ready for Streets of Rage Da Movie???

Because I sure as hell am.

image002-1.png?w=1000
DEADLINE.COM

A 'Streets of Rage' film adaptation, based on the popular SEGA video game franchise, is in the works.

Written by one of the John Wick guys :drool:

The 90's are BACK baby!

Full period piece or I'm out. And yes, get Koshiro (or someone doing similar stuff) for the soundtrack. Derek Kolstad writing is promising given he wrote the John Wick trilogy and Nobody. I wonder what got him ousted out of the Wick franchise I've been wondering?

Kolstad must be a gamer, he's currently shooting the first season of a Splinter Cell TV show and he's attached to writing both a Just Cause movie and a Hitman TV show. Also, he wrote two episodes and was an executive producer on The Falcon and the Winter Soldier? That's out of left field.

17 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I wonder what got him ousted out of the Wick franchise I've been wondering?

I don't think he was ousted. I think he's just busy. He's heavily involved in The Continental which is the John Wick spin off show on stars. Dude is in high demand right now but he's still involved with the franchise on the producer level.

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't think he was ousted. I think he's just busy. He's heavily involved in The Continental which is the John Wick spin off show on stars. Dude is in high demand right now but he's still involved with the franchise on the producer level.

I'm not so sure. He's not even attached to write John Wick 4 or 5 at all, they brought three additional screenwriters in after him to help write John Wick 3 (they never did that to him before, he solely wrote the first two movies), and he's come out saying it wasn't his decision not to be involved in 4 or 5:

john-wick-keanu-reeves-social-3.jpg
COLLIDER.COM

Screenwriter Derek Kolstad reveals why he isn’t writing ‘John Wick 4’ and when we’ll get an update on the John Wick spinoff TV series The Continental.

I'm not even sure how involved he is with The Continental anymore. He's very busy but something else is up I think. He's not even attached to produce or executive produce John Wick 4 or 5 even.

22 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm not so sure. He's not even attached to write John Wick 4 or 5 at all, they brought three additional screenwriters in after him to help write John Wick 3 (they never did that to him before, he solely wrote the first two movies), and he's come out saying it wasn't his decision not to be involved in 4 or 5:

john-wick-keanu-reeves-social-3.jpg
COLLIDER.COM

Screenwriter Derek Kolstad reveals why he isn’t writing ‘John Wick 4’ and when we’ll get an update on the John Wick spinoff TV series The Continental.

I'm not even sure how involved he is with The Continental anymore. He's very busy but something else is up I think. He's not even attached to produce or executive produce John Wick 4 or 5 even.

Sounds like it was a studio thing... he's still attached to the Continental on IMDB and is listed as writing the first three episodes. He's tight with David and Chad but may have fell out with an exec at the studio. Sounds like that's what he's hinting at in that article you linked. Writers het no respect in this town... was just hanging with a bunch of writer friends this weekend, all are working and have projects either out or coming out, and all complained about dealing with execs and the dumb notes they get. SMDH. As long as he is credited with creating the characters, he'll continue to get a check so that's good for him.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Sounds like it was a studio thing... he's still attached to the Continental on IMDB and is listed as writing the first three episodes. He's tight with David and Chad but may have fell out with an exec at the studio. Sounds like that's what he's hinting at in that article you linked. Writers het no respect in this town... was just hanging with a bunch of writer friends this weekend, all are working and have projects either out or coming out, and all complained about dealing with execs and the dumb notes they get. SMDH. As long as he is credited with creating the characters, he'll continue to get a check so that's good for him.

Yeah not sure what happened there but clearly something did. He is attached to the Continental but that could be because he was working on it before he was "removed/ousted/whatever" during and after John Wick 3. If you suddenly see he's only written the first few episodes and isn't credited for anything after that you can tell they cut him out of that too, but we'll see. Being shunted off of your main franchise to help with a TV spin-off and nothing else is definitely a demotion (that's if he's still on the show, which I can't tell online, it's vague).

• 6 months later...