220223140945-usps-truck-file-2021-super-
WWW.CNN.COM

President Joe Biden signed a sweeping bill into law on Wednesday that will overhaul the US Postal Service's finances and allow the agency to modernize its service.

"It's no exaggeration to say that the Postal Service delivers democracy. And it's no exaggeration to say the Postal Service is as essential as it ever was, has ever been, today," Biden said at a bill signing ceremony at the White House.

Biden, ticking through the reforms included in the bipartisan bill, noted that it sets the Postal Service on a more "sustainable and stable financial footing."

"The Postal Service stepped up to make that happen as well, and now they've delivered over 320 million Covid-19 test kits so far," Biden said. "Impressive turnaround for an unprecedented task and it's continuing to truly heroic service that you've provided throughout this pandemic."

What it does:

The new law will require retired postal employees to enroll in Medicare when eligible and repeals a previous mandate for the agency that forced it to cover health care costs up front and years in advance. Those two measures would save the USPS nearly $50 billion over the next decade, according to the House Oversight Committee.

The legislation also requires the Postal Service to create an online public dashboard with local and national delivery and performance data, as well as allow USPS to work with local governments to offer other helpful non-postal services.

:dancing:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

There was a small window last year when air mail was accepted again but then they suspended it some time after. DHL, Fedex and EMS are the only options but it's like $30 bucks.

DHL kills me dude. I think one PVC order I had was like 200USD shipping. That one left me traumatized. And I have my PVC orders to ship as they come out so ya.

I'm glad that there are onahole dealers in the US. Sure, they pay to get shit shipped from japan, but when I buy one it is shipped and sold in America. It only takes like 3-5 days with the cheapest shipping. It's great. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
AA10ujLn.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l
WWW.MSN.COM

U.S. Postal Service can't lick inflation, seeks to hike stamp prices again

U.S. Postmaster General Louis DeJoy said Tuesday inflation would cause costs to exceed its 2022 budget plan "by well over $1 billion." DeJoy said he plans to recommend to the Postal Board of Governors that USPS raise prices again in January.

DeJoy has said USPS for years had failed to charge enough for package and mail delivery.

DeJoy released a March 2021 reform plan that aims to eliminate $160 billion in predicted losses over the next decade.

DeJoy said despite reforms losses would still reach $60 billion to $70 billion over the next 10 years -- and USPS must address those losses.

USPS is also set to receive $3 billion from Congress to boost electric vehicle and charging purchases. Last month, USPS said it plans to buy at least 25,000 EVs - more than twice its prior estimate.