Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

Quote

The Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Definitive Edition is the very best version of the game in one complete package – The Blade of Galadriel and Desolation of Mordor story DLCs, the Slaughter and Outlaw tribes, plus every game improvement made to date. With over 60 awards and nominations, there has never been a better time to play Shadow of War!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Pikachu said:

The latest patches significantly reduced the grind and improved the end game. Loot boxes have been removed as well.

 

I'm curious how they rebalanced it now that there's no loot boxes? Do you get whatever was in them more often now through regular gameplay, or were they just removed full stop? 

 

It's funny, I LOVED the first game, but it never once crossed my mind to purchase the second. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

 

I'm curious how they rebalanced it now that there's no loot boxes? Do you get whatever was in them more often now through regular gameplay, or were they just removed full stop? 

 

It's funny, I LOVED the first game, but it never once crossed my mind to purchase the second. 

The link in this tweet breaks it down: 

 

 

Complete patch notes:

 

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Middle-earth-Shadow-of-War-Patch-14-July-17-2018/td-p/1882311

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mo1518 said:

 

I'm curious how they rebalanced it now that there's no loot boxes? Do you get whatever was in them more often now through regular gameplay, or were they just removed full stop? 

 

It's funny, I LOVED the first game, but it never once crossed my mind to purchase the second. 

 

Lootboxes were never a factor in beating the game and your could get whatever was in them through regular gameplay if you wanted. Or you could ignore them entirely.  The misconception regarding how lootboxes were handled with this game was criminal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

 

Lootboxes were never a factor in beating the game and your could get whatever was in them through regular gameplay if you wanted. Or you could ignore them entirely.  The misconception regarding how lootboxes were handled with this game was criminal.

 

You're probably right, but just the fact a single player game had loot boxes for a campaign game mode looked egregious enough for a shit storm to brew. I know they were a big factor in me losing interest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mo1518 said:

 

You're probably right, but just the fact a single player game had loot boxes for a campaign game mode looked egregious enough for a shit storm to brew. I know they were a big factor in me losing interest. 

 

They were for a lot of people... because it was falsely reported that you needed to spend money to see the true ending of the game or grind for 60 hours which wasn't true at all. Like not even close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's moreso important to people who get physical games and prefer having everything on disc rather than downloading the patch. Particularly, there is a small number of people who don't connect their consoles online and would not have the patches without them being on disc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...