Anne Rice Passes Away From Complications Resulting From a Stroke

I grew up in SF, I have life long friends that live in SF, and I still consider SF my home even though I've lived an entire city away for 2 decades now. Interview was mandatory reading if you were lucky enough to have been a reader as a child, and this death definitely hurts. She's royalty to the pre-tech/money gentrification SF community from before 2000, and I really hope she gets a great memorial party in her honor - whether it's in New Orleans alone or if SF can get a genuine celebration of her life together as well.

:rose:

Vampires could have sexual traits before Anne Rice, but she pretty much invented the sexy vampire as we know it. Some of her novels are pretty much softcore erotica. Ever since Louis and Lestat, almost all vampires in fiction are required to be sexy, unless they're a child. Being sexy is just as much of a vampire trait as needing to drink blood now.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Vampires could have sexual traits before Anne Rice, but she pretty much invented the sexy vampire as we know it. Some of her novels are pretty much softcore erotica. Ever since Louis and Lestat, almost all vampires in fiction are required to be sexy, unless they're a child. Being sexy is just as much of a vampire trait as needing to drink blood now.

There are sexy vampire ladies in Dracula. :p

I’m not denying that she added to this part of the fiction, but it’s been there from jump.

• True 1

3 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Vampires could have sexual traits before Anne Rice, but she pretty much invented the sexy vampire as we know it. Some of her novels are pretty much softcore erotica. 

she did more than software under one of her pen names, she did an entire bondage trilogy of sorts based around Sleep Beauty.

I really enjoyed much of her earlier works, the early Vampire books and loved the first Mummy book, which actually annoyed me. I loved the book when it released, the end of the book promised more adventures...and it took 28 years for the damn sequel to arrived!