Haitian gang demands $17 million to free kidnapped U.S. missionaries

15 hours ago, sblfilms said:

One of my employees is Haitian and I really don’t think there are too many places on earth I’m less inclined to visit than there based on her descriptions

I've been to Haiti, near Marigot specifically, and yeah, it wasn't one of my wisest decisions even though I was staying with locals. 

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Fuck off, liberal interventionists:

The US needs to stop invading countries in order to "fix" anything. We're completely incapable of fixing the US, so why the hell are we under the impression we have the ability to fix any other place? We need to adopt the Team America process of international relations, where we don't invade but we slaughter those that do us bad and then abandon them to their tribal ways where they spend the next century picking up the pieces of the rubble we leave in our wake. Or just leave everyone alone.

We already tried intervening in Haiti. We had a whole puppet government set up under US military supervision and everything for like a whole fucking 20 years. All that happened was that government contracts got handed out to corporations that just skimmed all the wealth from the actual people of Haiti and funneled the wealth back to- oooooooh....

18 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Haiti is perhaps one of the greatest man-made tragedies in world history.

If ever I needed proof that God (if It actually existed) had a sick, twisted sense of humor, all I'd have to do is point to Haiti and its people and ask "What did they ever do to deserve this?"

One of the greatest sins a nation can do. Liberate itself from slavery and colonialism.

The American political/chattering class are so very uncreative in their approach to foreign policy problems that they view practically every situation as one that can only be solved by intervention of some sort, primarily military.

I guess it's part and parcel of the old axiom that if the only tool that you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail.

57 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The American political/chattering class are so very uncreative in their approach to foreign policy problems that they view practically every situation as one that can only be solved by intervention of some sort, primarily military.

I guess it's part and parcel of the old axiom that if the only tool that you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail.

3500.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Wilson Joseph, linked to the 400 Mawozo gang, posts video vowing to ‘put a bullet in the heads’ of 17 captives if demands not met

The leader of the Haitian gang that police say is holding 17 members of a kidnapped missionary grouphas threatened to kill them if his demands are not met.

In a video posted on social media on Thursday, Wilson Joseph, the supposed leader of the 400 Mawozo gang, said: “I swear by thunder that if I don’t get what I’m asking for, I will put a bullet in the heads of these Americans.”

Joseph also threatened the prime minister, Ariel Henry, and the chief of Haiti’s national police, Léon Charles, as he spoke in front of coffins that apparently held several members of his gang who were recently killed.

“You guys make me cry. I cry water. But I’m going to make you guys cry blood,” he said.