ResetERA has been sold for $4.55 million

Commissar SFLUFAN

The thread about this has devolved into people insisting the mods should be paid, and the mods insisting they shouldn't be, while insulting the users now (and users insulting mods). Meanwhile, people want the mods to delete their accounts, and the mods say the posting records can only be anonymized, not deleted.

In one instance, a fairly well-known user went back and started deleting their own posts to scrub their history, and the mods restored them against the user's will since some were large OT threads and were "too important" to the community to be removed. The user has since been banned/left. 

One mod, who said people didn't actually care about the mods, actually set up a gofundme to "prove" that people didn't actually want to pay them anything. They raised over $1,000 and were quickly forced to backtrack, and said they would donate it to charity. But the point of course is that a large corporation should be paying them for their labour, not that users owe them anything, and it wasn't the gotcha that they thought it was. Now that mod is basically fighting with users.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The thread about this has devolved into people insisting the mods should be paid, and the mods insisting they shouldn't be, while insulting the users now (and users insulting mods). Meanwhile, people want the mods to delete their accounts, and the mods say the posting records can only be anonymized, not deleted.

In one instance, a fairly well-known user went back and started deleting their own posts to scrub their history, and the mods restored them against the user's will since some were large OT threads and were "too important" to the community to be removed. The user has since been banned/left. 

One mod, who said people didn't actually care about the mods, actually set up a gofundme to "prove" that people didn't actually want to pay them anything. They raised over $1,000 and were quickly forced to backtrack, and said they would donate it to charity. But the point of course is that a large corporation should be paying them for their labour, not that users owe them anything, and it wasn't the gotcha that they thought it was. Now that mod is basically fighting with users.

Wedding Crashers Flirting GIF by filmeditor

Yes, keep taking to me like that 

35 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

And being a power tripping nutcase like nepenthe, who is terrified he's going to lose his imaginary power.

Though I disagree with her on specific things, I think the fear from her is valid. She's a black woman on the internet (and this has been pointed out multiple times when people complain about her). Resetera is bad at some things, but one thing they did well was ensuring that the mod team was very diverse (I believe even majority non-white-male for most of the time). This is partly what led to so many great and diverse communities going there to flourish in the first place.

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Though I disagree with her on specific things, I think the fear from her is valid. She's a black woman on the internet (and this has been pointed out multiple times when people complain about her). Resetera is bad at some things, but one thing they did well was ensuring that the mod team was very diverse (I believe even majority non-white-male for most of the time). This is partly what led to so many great and diverse communities going there to flourish in the first place.

Thats no excuse for acting like she does. Bad acors of color with "power" are still bad. Theres one thing to protect minorities, its quite another to constantly ban people for respectful disagreement, or for literally making a joke the that era as a whole are sony shills (it was literally a joke the guy made).