ResetERA has been sold for $4.55 million

Commissar SFLUFAN

15 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Quick, everyone post a lot of stuff to impress the new member with our furious activity.

The fact D1P has a GIF button, built-in memes and reactions to endlessly antagonize other posters with should be enough to impress the shit out of them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Right - so that valuation discount tells us quite a bit about the site's future growth prospects (i.e. - there are none).

Probably told the owner he was at risk of a gaf like exodus occurring.  Take the security of your profits now and accept this offer. 

or he saw all the 0’s and accepted the first offer thrown his way! 

it would be interesting to see how they performed over the past 3 years. 

1 hour ago, rc0101 said:

Probably told the owner he was at risk of a gaf like exodus occurring.  Take the security of your profits now and accept this offer. 

or he saw all the 0’s and accepted the first offer thrown his way! 

it would be interesting to see how they performed over the past 3 years. 

Whether it turns out to be anything large or not, there are already a sizable group of users who appear angry at the sale. He has been charging for ad-free premium accounts for years under the message of "helping to keep the lights on" for a community forum...well, it wasn't really a community forum, it was a private forum with a single owner who appears to have been clearing $500k per year. It also now sounds like all of the initial staff who help set it up were never given ownership stakes, and all left within the first year or two. The only people who ever received a stake were the tech team, and he bought them out a while ago.

Right now the mods (and their idiot supporters) are trying to argue that they enjoy working for free while someone walks away with $500k/yr + $4.5m sale. Fuck them. Modding is fine if it's for non-profit reasons, etc. But for a site making actual money, mods should be paid for their labour. 

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Right now the mods (and their idiot supporters) are trying to argue that they enjoy working for free while someone walks away with $500k/yr + $4.5m sale. 

Maybe it'll turn out that it's secretly an internship program for some shadowy evil CEO organization. Like a test to see how little compensation it takes for candidates to be utterly condescending power trippers. "Just imagine what they can do with a $500k salary, you are hired Sir!" Truly the Squid Game of videogame message boards

Edit: I had just hit a joint a few times before I typed that up good god 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, SleezyBigSlim said:

Thanks, I came here when I saw your post and I decided to sign up.

Same here.

I spend a lot of time reading forums (and significantly less posting in them) but it feels like every several years, my "main" forum has some major drama and there's either an exodus or I can't deal with the toxicity anymore. I'm not really at that point yet with ResetERA, but I figured it was time to check out some other sites.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SleezyBigSlim said:

13 minutes ago, aett said:

Same here.

I spend a lot of time reading forums (and significantly less posting in them) but it feels like every several years, my "main" forum has some major drama and there's either an exodus or I can't deal with the toxicity anymore. I'm not really at that point yet with ResetERA, but I figured it was time to check out some other sites.

Welcome!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SleezyBigSlim said:

12 minutes ago, aett said:

Same here.

Welcome!  I joined when this was splintered off of the old IGN forums and used to be called badcartridge.com.  It's really the only gaming forum I've ever felt was worth my time.  It's a small but thoughtful, interesting, and very fun community.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aett said:

Same here.

To be fair, this boards history has had plenty of drama, but we all stick around because we're a bunch of psychos. So welcome to the mad house!