ResetERA has been sold for $4.55 million

Commissar SFLUFAN

35 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

OLOLOLOLOLO - I just got a 3-day ban for "self promotion".

But they didn't actually remove the link to D1P from the post :lol:

Weirdly, I have not also received a ban, even though I've made sure to post in that thread every few pages with a subtle (or not so subtle) link to here. I even blatantly posted the site in a few communities I am involved in (mostly Canadian politics...so look forward to more OF THAT).

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Weirdly, I have not also received a ban, even though I've made sure to post in that thread every few pages with a subtle (or not so subtle) link to here. I even blatantly posted the site in a few communities I am involved in (mostly Canadian politics...so look forward to more OF THAT).

It might be because I provided an actual link :p

4 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

He was here for like 2 days when gaf exploded but left when era launched. I wish he was around but I understand wanting to have more Nintendo fans around.

Correction. He was here for 2 days when GAF exploded then left when these boards collapsed under the increased traffic of the exodus.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

OLOLOLOLOLO - I just got a 3-day ban for "self promotion".

But they didn't actually remove the link to D1P from the post :lol:

Imagine banning someone for sharing a link to another community. Particularly when some dude just sold the site for 4.55 million and you see none of that.

13 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

13 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It might be because I provided an actual link :p

My guess is someone saw you were the owner and noticed the user names were nearly identical. Because many links have been shared but seeing sflufan on both boards is probably a giveaway. :p 

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

@Commissar SFLUFAN who dis

resetera-brandmark.png?_v=92b3d4c7
WWW.RESETERA.COM

Also hope this forum never allows posts to have Likes. That is the stupidest thing and only made for popular people and echo chamber posts. This.

Wow I should make something up about the sale too so I can be famous on Era

4 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Wait what?

Several years ago, I was leaving on an early morning flight out of DCA when I stopped in to have breakfast at a cafe.  Sitting at a table reading a newspaper was Dr. Cornel West.  I struck up a conversation with him and when my flight was about to board, I mentioned that I operated a forum with a heavy emphasis on videogames and current events and that we'd love to have him as a member.  I wrote down our URL on a piece of paper and gave it to him and then was on my way!

On 10/15/2021 at 1:45 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Right - so that valuation discount tells us quite a bit about the site's future growth prospects (i.e. - there are none).

it is a message board in the year 2021 of course it has a shrinking user base, boards are a thing from a bygone era. 

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

it is a message board in the year 2021 of course it has a shrinking user base, boards are a thing from a bygone era. 

Which I don't really get. Long-form discussions and reading multiple conversations and being able to say something and come back later is way easier on a board, and chat rooms are just as old. Plus, Reddit is a supremely popular site and basically a bunch of gigantic boards; I think it succeeds because you can go to a billion different boards but only have to know one username/password.

• Thanks 1

Just now, SaysWho? said:

Which I don't really get. Long-form discussions and reading multiple conversations and being able to say something and come back later is way easier on a board, and chat rooms are just as old. Plus, Reddit is a supremely popular site and basically a bunch of gigantic boards; I think it succeeds because you can go to a billion different boards but only have to know one username/password.

reddit absolutely ate a large piece of all the little pies out there

2 minutes ago, elbobo said:

reddit absolutely ate a large piece of all the little pies out there

Used to be a bunch of little boards out there. Now it's Reddit. And Reddit can be extremely enjoyable, so I'm not peeved at that, but I never understood the idea that boards are outdated. Since I started on the internet, chat rooms and boards have been a thing, and Discord is basically just a 21st century version of those old chat rooms.

11 hours ago, Ceriums Accountant said:

Good evening folks.  

Like to clarify a few things.  There may still be some ownership shares held by at least one of the OG Admins, may have only sold off future streams of income linked to ads.  So Cerium may not be the only person counting paper this weekend.

I only carry Benjies 

12 hours ago, Ceriums Accountant said:

Good evening folks.  

Like to clarify a few things.  There may still be some ownership shares held by at least one of the OG Admins, may have only sold off future streams of income linked to ads.  So Cerium may not be the only person counting paper this weekend.

Are you a licensed CPA?!?