Played my first indoor soccer match since I was in my early 20s

Skateboarding has historically been my jam, but my body doesn't rebound from slams like it used to. I also sprained my ankle pretty bad a couple months ago and it still isn't 100% (I swear I've sprained my ankles so many times that each time just gets worse)

I'm thinking of getting into rock climbing. It's one of the few upper body exercises I can do that doesn't fuck with my shoulder too much. One of my shoulders is pretty fucked. I can lean on it the wrong way while taking a shit and I get like 2-3 days of pain. It's from a torn rotator cuff from like 8 years ago.

Turns out if you treat your body like a trash can, it'll do the same right back

I just started fully training again three weeks ago actually after only doing basic shit at home since Covid hit. Back to kickboxing twice per week and straight boxing once per week. I'm also coaching and cornering one of the young guys I've been training with at my place for an amateur fight he has coming up next month. 

34 minutes ago, Rachel said:

I want to do softball too but my only hangup is that I live in the southeastern US now where it’s stupid hot and humid out and I don’t want to deal with that while playing a sport lol. 

You could always play the fastest game in the world, Jai Alai. It's played indoors!

46 minutes ago, Rachel said:

I’ve thought about joining a softball league as an adult (I played for 8 years as a child/teen). I felt too fat and ugly though to do it. 

Now I’m at a place in my life where I’ve realized that being fat and ugly doesn’t stop you from getting what you want. Also I’m really beautiful anyway. So I’m doing a lot of things I wouldn’t let myself before. I want to do softball too but my only hangup is that I live in the southeastern US now where it’s stupid hot and humid out and I don’t want to deal with that while playing a sport lol. 

You're definitely not ugly. I should join a basketball league to grow socially but I'm shy in that regard. I don't blame you not wanting to play outside in the heat. 

I just walk/hike a bunch. I barely liked organized sports as a kid, and I can't think of any I would enjoy now. 

Well, if my wrists/forearms weren't ruined, I would love to join a bowling team. I did always like bowling, and I bet it's even more fun with beer. 

3 hours ago, Rachel said:

Yes I am

I don't think I ever seen a full picture of you and your body. I'm sure you're just fine and you're pretty from the few pics I've seen through the years. You look really cute with glasses.

I say go for softball and maybe meet new friends and get some good exercise as well. It would be good for your mental health, too. I should take my own advice :/

7 minutes ago, Rachel said:

I know you’ve seen a picture of my whole body because when you did, you said I was too fat and ugly to be your friend and you didn’t talk to me for a year 🙃

But that was like 6 years ago at this point lol. We’re both well past that. 

and I am fat, that’s okay! Nothing wrong with being fat. It’s the least of my worries. I am in good physical health for the first time in many years. I’m sober. I’m working on my mental health, making great progress. I have lifelong best friends in my life who love me and care about me and support me. I have an amazing partner. Family who loves me. I’m intelligent, I’m intuitive, and I’m personable. I have a lot of great things in my life and finally for the first time in my life I really don’t give a shit if I’m fat or not. I spent most of my life battling with food and my body. I’m done. My looks are not my worth. My body size isn’t my worth. I feel this way about myself and about everyone in the world. Anyone who thinks otherwise is someone I don’t want to deal with anyway 🤷‍♀️.

All 100% truth except I honest to God don't recall seeing a full body pic of you (my memory is so bad now it's starting to scare me). But who cares, lol. You're a beautiful person inside and out and you have so many things to be thankful for like you mentioned. I love you. You're amazing.

On 10/11/2021 at 8:08 PM, sblfilms said:

Holy smokes, my quads. But very fun! Do any of you play any recreational sports now that you’re adults?

Funny you mentioned this... My friend asked me to join his ultimate frisbee league starting this fall. Haven't played anything since college and haven't gone running with any kind of regularity in over a year.  This is going to be brutal. :lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Rachel said:

only semi successful? 🤔

I had a butt muscle seize up on me out of nowhere, but I feel fine now…which was way different than like a week of soreness afterward!

Just now, ManUtdRedDevils said:

5v5? 11v11?  I miss playing soccer. After college, I started a local travel team. It lasted 3 seasons before it ended up being too much work to keep the team together.  

5 in the field plus keeper. I don’t think I could do a full 22, so much running 😂