It seems the only time Texas Democrats are viable is when they leave the state

Abbott wants to arrest everyone.

It seems pretty sad that the Democrats are so bad off in Texas that the only time they actually have any power is when they don't show up to vote.

I'm against the idea of jailing them for exercising their only option to keep the Republicans from creating ridiculous laws due to their gerrymandering of Texas, but no one really cares what I think, and they'll jail them just for the sake of jailing them.

I didn't see any other stories on this on the front page, so if there's one, I at least looked.

45600835-9800939-Republican_Senator_Lind
WWW.STATIONGOSSIP.COM

Republican Senator   Lindsey Graham   has said he will follow the lead of   Texas  House Democrats and 'leave town' in order to bl...

I think Republicans would probably do the same if the tables were turned and they were totally powerless and desperate in Texas and the Dems were about to pass legislation designed to massively suppress the vote for their base.  Hell, I wouldn’t put it past McConnell to do it at the national level to keep a Democratically-appointed supermajority on the SC from happening.

I also think this isn’t going to end well for the Dems or Texas, and that it’s a sign of a highly dysfunctional democracy.

Banana Republic Superpower.

11 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I think Republicans would probably do the same if the tables were turned and they were totally powerless and desperate in Texas and the Dems were about to pass legislation designed to massively suppress the vote for their base.  Hell, I wouldn’t put it past McConnell to do it at the national level to keep a Democratically-appointed supermajority on the SC from happening.

I also think this isn’t going to end well for the Dems or Texas, and that it’s a sign of a highly dysfunctional democracy.

Banana Republic Superpower.

Republicans did this in Oregon already. it wasn’t for voter suppression, however.

26 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Democrats didn’t get vaccinated? :guillotine:

"Despite following CDC [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] guidelines and being fully vaccinated, I tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday," Howard said in a statement Tuesday, noting that she was "basically asymptomatic except for some minor congestion."

Over the weekend, the Texas House Democratic Caucus said that five of its members had tested positive for the virus. The members who tested positive, including state Reps. Celia Israel, D-Austin, and Trey Martinez Fischer, D-San Antonio, have been fully vaccinated.

Not exactly hidden in that article

• 3 weeks later...