Mario + Rabbids: Sparks Of Hope - Season Pass DLC contents revealed

Brian

On 10/18/2022 at 6:20 PM, Paperclyp said:

God if the dems could just run on the 50 copies of rabbids at your local library policy...

I've loved the library my whole life, and I'm so I'm glad I live somewhere it is very highly valued. It's always so peaceful, quiet, clean, useful, and full of people who generally don't act like idiots. It is extraordinarily depressing to hear about so many cities or states trying to shut down such amazing facilities. They even have free PC use and help with finding a job, all at no cost to anyone visiting. 

That said, we still gotta wait for them to receive and unpack the games then get them into the system so no launch day fun!

11 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I've loved the library my whole life, and I'm so I'm glad I live somewhere it is very highly valued. It's always so peaceful, quiet, clean, useful, and full of people who generally don't act like idiots. It is extraordinarily depressing to hear about so many cities or states trying to shut down such amazing facilities. They even have free PC use and help with finding a job, all at no cost to anyone visiting. 

That said, we still gotta wait for them to receive and unpack the games then get them into the system so no launch day fun!

I didn't have Internet at home back when I was in high school in the mid/late 90s. Free computers with Internet connections at the local library is all the Internet I ever got. Everyday after school, between dismissal and the time my parents got back from work, I'd spend at the library on their computers. It was supposed to only be half an hour at a time, but the librarians there did some sort of trickier to our library cards that allowed us unlimited sessions as long as there wasn't someone else that came along. I used to read a ton of fan translated manga on those computers. There were days when someone else wanted to use a computer and a librarian would just come by and print out all 100+ pages of whatever I was reading, free of charge, so I could free up the PC and keep reading at one of the tables. They were absolutely great and it sucks they aren't as well loved in half of this country.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brian said:

Why did they voice Beep-o with an annoying British robot voice? It’s awful. Besides that, I am enjoying the changes so far. 

What changes are you liking? I haven’t read up on it much as it’s something I know I’ll get anyway already, but the timing for this is horrible for me so it’s gotta wait.

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

What changes are you liking? I haven’t read up on it much as it’s something I know I’ll get anyway already, but the timing for this is horrible for me so it’s gotta wait.

The first game always felt like a proof of concept more than a game. The sequel is given me Paper Mario vibes so far which I like. You get a smallish area to explore that contain the main and side quests with some small incentives to explore. Due to the open, explorable areas, the game feels more alive as you don’t move down narrow corridors.  The story isn’t an afterthought so far which is an improvement. All the stuff outside of combat is a huge improvement. 

For gameplay, it is pretty similar so far.  There are some minor tweaks like how you move but if you didn’t like the combat in the first, there isn’t anything that will change your mind. 

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Brian said:

The first game always felt like a proof of concept more than a game. The sequel is given me Paper Mario vibes so far which I like. You get a smallish area to explore that contain the main and side quests with some small incentives to explore. Due to the open, explorable areas, the game feels more alive as you don’t move down narrow corridors.  The story isn’t an afterthought so far which is an improvement. All the stuff outside of combat is a huge improvement. 

For gameplay, it is pretty similar so far.  There are some minor tweaks like how you move but if you didn’t like the combat in the first, there isn’t anything that will change your mind. 

I did like the first for the combat but what you are saying about the rest of it, and as a big paper mario fan, I’m wondering if my priorities are all out of whack for not putting this one higher on my list.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I did like the first for the combat but what you are saying about the rest of it, and as a big paper mario fan, I’m wondering if my priorities are all out of whack for not putting this one higher on my list.

I am more impressed with it than I expected to be. 

• Like 1

Due to the movement change, combat feels more dynamic. I find myself being more aggressive instead of hiding and shooting behind cover. I completed the first world and I was pretty happy that most encounters are on the smaller size so far. The combat while improved isn’t that deep so the smaller encounters feel better especially when you are cleaning up side content. 

• Halal 1

• 2 weeks later...
1280x720.jpg
WWW.NINTENDOLIFE.COM

The Tower of Dooom! Rayman! And More! - The fabulous Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope might have only just come out a few we...

The fabulous Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope might have only just come out a few weeks ago, but Ubisoft is already looking to the future. Today, the company has lined out what to expect from the game's Season Pass, with three DLC packs — including one Pass-exclusive one — coming to Switch in 2023.

It looks like there's plenty to look forward to in the galaxy, and it all starts early next year. Season Pass owners will get exclusive access to The Tower of Dooom, a spooky-themed level where Mario and friends must save Spawny, who is stuck inside Madame Bwahstrella's very messy multi-dimensional tower. Perhaps our office gets a little messy sometimes because it's multi-dimensional...? There's also a new combat mode, which promises "highly strategic battles".

Don't worry, if you don't want the Season Pass, you'll be able to pick up the next two DLC packs separately. The second update, coming in the middle of 2023, will introduce a brand-new planet to the game! That means new combat stages, new characters, new enemies, and some new story.

mario-plus-rabbids-sparks-of-hope-season

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Mario + Rabbids: Sparks Of Hope - Season Pass DLC contents revealed
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, stepee said:

Damn, the original is the only one of this type of game I like too. I really do need to not sleep on this one, it’s just I keep waiting for it to hit that usual Ubi fire sale price lol 

it's been down to 30 already several times, and it seems to go on sale every other week or so. I had a BB coupon that was going to expire so I ended up getting it for 19, definitely worth that price. :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
wallpapersden.com_mario-rabbids-sparks-o
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

It underperformed because it was released too early, according to CEO Yves Guillemot…

“I think it was a different issue with Mario,” he said. “We had already released a Mario Rabbids game [on Switch], so by doing another we had two similar experiences on one machine. On Nintendo, games like this never die. There are 25 Mario games on Switch.

“Nintendo [has advised] that it’s better to do one iteration on each machine. We were a bit too early, we should have waited for [the next console].”

He added: “Because you could play a great game. And we think it will last for ten years, because we will update it for the new machine that will come in the future.”

The sequel is great. If Nintendo thought iterations is a why did they release multiple Zelda, Xenoblade, Mario Party, Splatoon, etc.  I can only imagine the game didn’t sell well because people who bought the first game didn’t like it.

56 minutes ago, Brian said:

The sequel is great. If Nintendo thought iterations is a why did they release multiple Zelda, Xenoblade, Mario Party, Splatoon, etc.  I can only imagine the game didn’t sell well because people who bought the first game didn’t like it.

I loved the first game, but it came out at a bad time for me. It was within spitting distance of Bayonetta 3, so it was an immediate no and then after Bayonetta we got Pokemon? It just sort of slipped off my radar at that point.

• 1 month later...