THQ Nordic acquires Timesplitters and Second Sight

Pikachu

http://news.cision.com/thq-nordic-ab/r/thq-nordic-acquires-timesplitters,c2592484

Timesplitters was largely considered as one of the most influential console games of the early 2000’s. The three game series earned a large and passionate fan base thanks to its unique humour, art style and pop culture references while encouraging customization and modification to give each person their own individual experience.  Timesplitters was originally created by the development studio Free Radical Design that later become Deep Silver Dambuster, part of the THQ Nordic group.

In addition to Timesplitters, the IP and the rights to science fiction action-adventure game Second Sight were acquired. Both acquisitions were made through THQ Nordic’s fully owned subsidiary Koch Media GmbH.

47 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

"Do you have a B-tier IP that's gathering dust and you have no idea what to do with it?  Just call 1-800-THQ-NORD and we'll take it off your hands!"

Timesplitters had an impressive cult following, and while it never set the world on fire, it was very fun, received great reviews and had a fun and addictive map maker. I hope it's really coming back.

• Haha 1

Dear @THQNordic,

Please stop buying franchises no one cares about anymore.  You are so close to becoming the next Curt Schilling. Skipping E3 to watch soccer and drink?  Come on. You are better than this. I know it. You know it. The first step to recovery is acquiring the rights to Sleeping Dogs. Do that and we will believe. 

Best Regards,

D1P

”THQ Nordic announces it has acquired the rights to True Crime”. 

Timesplitters was a rather solid franchise, it was made by ex Goldeneye/Perfect Dark devs I believe, which explains why it was a good console fps franchise at the time. I like the idea of it returning so long as a good dev is behind it.