Andrew Giuliani announces run for NY governor in 2022

210518-andrew_giuliani-mc-1153.JPG
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Giuliani had been hinting at a bid for weeks, telling The Washington Examiner last month that he thinks he has a real chance to win.

“Outside of anybody named Trump, I think I have the best chance to win and take the state back, and I think there's an opportunity in 2022 with a wounded Democratic candidate, whether it's going to be Gov. [Andrew] Cuomo, whether it's going to be a radical [Attorney General] Letitia James, whether it's going to be a no-name lieutenant governor, I think there's a very, very real chance to win,” he said.

Cuomo has said he plans to run for re-election next year. But the New York governor could be vulnerable to a challenge after having been besieged by calls to resign in recent months after dual scandals rocked his administration. Those include an investigation into whether his administration intentionally undercounted Covid-19 nursing home deaths and allegations from several women that he sexually harassed them.

Several other Republicans have declared their candidacies for New York governor, including former Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino and Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y. George Pataki was the state's last Republican governor, serving from 1995 to 2006.

4 hours ago, silentbob said:

He looks like Doug Ford too, but they all have that same fucking Trump like “better then you” smirk. Along with that slick business man hair ready to do a line of coke off a hookers ass before doing “ some business”

spacer.png

It's that "I was born into a rich and powerful family so no matter how many times I fail, my situation will always be fine" smirk.