SCOTUS gonna SCOTUS

1 minute ago, finaljedi said:

Mandatory minimum sentence of life without parole for a juvenile, not great.  I've always hated mandatory minimums in general, but life without parole for a minor as a mandatory minimum is especially no good

It’s not a mandatory minimum case. Which is almost worse to some degree

5 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

What was the original crime and conviction? Not that it justifies LWOP for a minor, but I’d like to know what Mississippi thought was so heinous. 

Murdered his grandfather 

Here's one that affects my state:

19347f3507a14ee2b21b4c88f3ebaa58.jpg?w=1
WWW.WFLA.COM

Florida will not be taking the next step toward legalizing recreational marijuana after a proposed state constitutional amendment failed to push through opposition in the Florida Supreme Court.

• Guillotine 1

18 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Here's one that affects my state:

19347f3507a14ee2b21b4c88f3ebaa58.jpg?w=1
WWW.WFLA.COM

Florida will not be taking the next step toward legalizing recreational marijuana after a proposed state constitutional amendment failed to push through opposition in the Florida Supreme Court.

SCOF ≠ SCOTUS

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Payday lending should be illegal, the FTC should be able to seek refunds, and congress should fix both problems.

Have you read ‘The Unbanking of America’? If not, I would encourage you to give it a read...I used to think payday lending should be illegal as well, however it’s a nuanced issue once you read about what drives people to use it. One definite takeaway though is that Congress absolutely needs to pass a bill on postal banking ASAP. 

15 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Have you read ‘The Unbanking of America’? If not, I would encourage you to give it a read...I used to think payday lending should be illegal as well, however it’s a nuanced issue once you read about what drives people to use it. One definite takeaway though is that Congress absolutely needs to pass a bill on postal banking ASAP. 

Yeah, I should clarify, Payday lending as currently practiced should be illegal. It just makes things worse.